Ex-Intel employees outs dirt about Intel - Talks about Internal Difficulties

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Someone should make TV series out of Intel. There enough drama for a dozen seasons.

carnivore, BetA and PrMinisterGR like this.
  3. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    I guarantee that there are scripts already in the works and as this is still unfolding, there isn't even pressure to wrap things up. Great care can be taken with the story and documentation.

This will be like Enron and the 2008 crisis. We will be able to watch a movie about this chapter of Intel some day. Unless Intel actually collapses (very unlikely) there wont be a major motion picture but certainly what we are seeing is worthy of a Netflix series.

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Jim Keller is a real mystery man. How can there be such a guru in real life? He just wanders from one multi-billion cutting-edge technology company to another, solving their problems.

Brasky likes this.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Though much like most drama TV series (like The Walking Dead or House), it'd be a little too formulaic.
    TV ad: "Next on Silicon Scandals: COO retires after *DUN DUN DUUUUNNN* a hardware vulnerability is discovered!"
    Audience: "wait didn't that already happen? That sounds really familiar"

HandR and Kool64 like this.
  6. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070

Who shot Jim Keller....?

HandR and schmidtbag like this.
  7. DarkQuark

DarkQuark Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700 XT
    Sir and or ma'am. I do believe you just aged yourself. As did I. :)

Kool64 likes this.
  8. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    to be fair I never actually watched Dallas as I was only like 6 months old when the Who shot JR eposode aired.

9. Ahmad Bilal

Ahmad Bilal Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon
    I ain't buying this. You don't magically acquire staff with 10-20+ years of experience for each node, because there aren't that many engineers out there. Also it doesn't make sense to increase the cycle size by doing so, as each new employee needs a few months to settle down. Nor does it sound logical that people with less that 10+ years of experience in the field will work on cutting edge Intel hardware.

Something big seems to have happened .. some infighting something dark.

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    If Kaizad Mistry was on 10nm then Jim Keller must have been brought in for 7nm but it looks like he failed somewhere down the line.

11. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Intel is so big--so huge--that sometimes the right hand knows not what the left is doing. Internal turf wars, promotion conflicts, resource conflicts, personality conflicts, geographical conflicts, abound. Basically, Intel is just too big. I think they could do much better by spinning off pieces of Intel into separate companies, leaving Intel as an aloof parent company and letting the smaller companies manage themselves--they could easily do this--but there is resistance, of course...;) Such a huge corp is almost impossible to manage efficiently or competitively, imo. That's a big advantage AMD has at present, being smaller, leaner, concentrated and honed. It's ironic that the thing most people see as so impressive about Intel, its sheer size, is actually working against it atm.

anticupidon likes this.
  12. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Jim Keller is like one of many thousands of engineers working at Intel. He can't work miracles, unfortunately...;) Nobody knows why he left Intel other than what he's said about it, but you how it is when a whiz-kid (only figuratively as none us are kids anymore)--from AMD comes in and tries to upset the apple cart--other engineers are displaced--and of course may not appreciate being moved aside for Keller. It's all very human. Could be Keller left because he met stiff internal resistance and could not overcome it, etc. Don't know anything except that he left Intel after a relatively short stint. The fate of Intel most assuredly doesn't hang on Keller or Raja...;) They'd be the first to laugh at the suggestion...;) We tend to view things differently because maybe Keller is the only Intel engineer we know by name, etc.

Kool64 likes this.
  13. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Actually I was just making a Tv show joke but yes I agree.

14. LevelSteam

LevelSteam Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    Mismanaged company unable to fulfill timeline promises has high turnover. Who knew?

15. DarkQuark

DarkQuark Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700 XT
    LOL I rest my case :) But to be fair I was 5 or 6 during the same time. So I remember the fuss about it.

16. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  17. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Not surprised by any of this because I knew of the Internal problems within Intel. Look at what with the 7nm situation. That whole fiasco was caused by Intel's internal problems.

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
  19. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070