Evolve - Now free to play

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Does this game have a proper single player mode?

I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in playing a game online and after the disappointing Destiny, which looks, sounds and plays nice enough but has depressingly repetitive mission design and is completely lacking in anything resembling an interesting story or characters, I am apprehensive about buying a game that claims to cater for both solo and multiplayers.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    It's like Left 4 Dead I believe so more like a bot match.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Didn't have any bots in the last beta test though, unless they're added that by now.

Made it difficult to learn the game, gave up after a few matches, was boring.

oh yeah, here's a key for anyone wanting it

9TE5H-FCQ6G-MTBLQ

it'd be common courtesy to say that you've taken it though

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    From everything I've read, this game is dependent completely on online play.
    As scatman839 said, unless it's changed... as far as I understand it... the game can only be played online.

I loved Left 4 Dead, Turtlerock nailed that. But... nothing about Evolve looks fun to me.

5. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    I'm looking forward to trying this game, but I can't see it being something I would play that often. I've downloaded it and ready to go however, roll on tomorrow!

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Absolutely not for me then. I find those kind of games tedious in the extreme...unfortunately. :(

7. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    The beta popped up and downloaded for me yesterday, will have to get a spare moment to try it out. I'm not really excited though but maybe that's just because I haven't been following evolve.

8. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Beta runs great at 130 fps all maxed, SLI using ryse son of rome.

9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    game need to evolve, seems boring haunting for a monster or being haunted...

Full judgement reserved for full game.

10. darrensimmons

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Yeah I do agree somewhat. It's great fun for an hour but it does get boring fast.

11. Crowbar

Crowbar Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    I tried the beta today and it runs like crap. Yeah, I know my pc isn't top of the line, but it's at/above the minimum requirements and I get below 20fps with everything on low, no AA @1080p. Is this normal, or is something wrong.

Also, I got a spare key, if anyone's interested drop a PM :p

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Hm alpha ran very good here, 60fps+ @ 1080p max settings, I think that 650Ti is just to slow now.. Idk what else would be the cause then

I saw I got another key too now, might give it one more try.

Btw did they add new levels or still only 1 and only 1 game mode?

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Just played the beta....

Uninstalled after 30 minutes of play, this has to be one of the most boring games I have ever played. The hype around this game is simply not justified at all. The only good thing about this game is that it is VERY well optimized. I was getting 240fps more less consistently with all settings maxed out even forced 4XMSAA 16XAF through control panel and it did seem to work on trees and branches. I had a few dips to 180fps when looking into a large open area but other than that it was solid.

Just a shame this is a boring game gameplay wise.

Also, have you seen how much they are going to charge for new monsters!??? ABSURD!

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    So its still only one level and only Hunt mode?

15. perseusveil

perseusveil Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 280 3GB
    I was in the Alpha, and the opinion I formed then still stands : It's not a full game, and it shouldn't be priced as such. If it were a $40 purchase with all of this DLC bull**** included in the purchase price, I'd be fine with it. However, there's just not enough game to justify a $60 price tag, much less the higher prices you have to shell out for the "bonus" content.

16. darrensimmons

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    No there are a few new maps and I the campaign mode takes you through new modes.

17. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I can't say I'm very impressed by it, it gets fairy boring in the big maps

18. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    Cross posting from GAF:

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Tried out the beta this morning.

I'm not a fan.
    While I'm normally not one for online games, I loved Left 4 Dead. But, I hated L4D2... so, I figured there was something there that Turtlerock had that Valve didn't.

But, with Evolve, it's not there.
    Visually it's a nice looking game. They make good use of the CryEngine... and it runs great.
    But, playing as a "hunter" I found the combat to be rather dull. The weapons lack.... weight... or feedback.
    And as the monster I just wasn't feeling it. And so far it seems if you can evolve to a level 3 monster, you are almost unstoppable. Which makes the game pretty dull.

Personally the game just seems really tedious. The same thing over and over again... I find it hard to see how this is worth 60 bucks.

20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well, downloaded it, and wanted to play with a friend already in since alpha yesterday (he sent me the key). First, I'm surprised by the lack to set up advanced graphics options (or I simply haven't found them). Second, we tried to get a match running with my friend and me in a group, but we only got two others to join, not even proper 5 people playing, and it took forever. We then tried to get five people together with another search, which didn't bring up a full game for ten minutes.

I quit after that and saw half an hour of waiting for not being able to play my first round with my friend. Not too great of an impression so far.