Evolution of Vista [56K Warning]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Steven Hone, Jan 9, 2007.

1. ngvuanh

ngvuanh New Member

GPU:
    AIW X600 Pro
    Right click on desktop and point to View, you will see what you want to do.

[​IMG]

2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Nope, those Icons definitely don't shrink down to the same size as XP's icons etc. Don't even get me started on the retarded box around the icons when you click them.

Why the hell would you make Icons that big anyway, probably because Developers and geeks are so busy whacking off they are going blind, need the bigger icons.

3. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Look at the top of the start button on the last one, its cut at the top, meaning it is a theme (VTP) not the real thing.

4. Mark

Mark Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    thats because microsoft have targeted vista at the retarded public. its over simplifiedeven to the point they took away the 'my' from my documents etc because the rtarded saying to themselves 'but this isnt MY photo, this isnt MY music!!'

5. ngvuanh

ngvuanh New Member

GPU:
    AIW X600 Pro
    It will shrink down when you click Classic Icons.
    Because I am running on Genuine Activated Final Build 6000 so I am not sure with ealier build or not yet activated.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  6. ngvuanh

ngvuanh New Member

GPU:
    AIW X600 Pro
    It is real Vista Final, not VTP. In VTP, you do not have Glass Effect (Aero) and when you right click on My Computer --> Properities, you will also not have a windows like this with VTP, because it is XP, not Vista.

[​IMG]

7. MrBen

MrBen Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce4 ti 4200 128MB
    Neat!

So um... can you post that desktop background so I can have it as my background? Pretty please? =P

8. ngvuanh

ngvuanh New Member

GPU:
    AIW X600 Pro
    Here is Normal and Wide version
    Normal
    Wide

9. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Cycloid: Vista doesn't eat up THAT many resources. the only thing it uses more of is RAM, recommending at least 1GB.... but even NOW brand name PC's come with 1GB in preparation for Vista. CPU usage hasn't changed. the only way you'll notice a huge performance hit going from XP to Vista is probably if your system specs barely go over the minimums of XP, except for maybe your CPU and video card. If you have 512MB of RAM, a low end or on board video card, and a slow single core CPU, you'll probably be nowhere near being able to use Aero without seeing some heavy resource usage. several sites have already stated this. if you have a relatively high-end rig, the hit in performance is negligible.