EVGA's GTX 400 Waterblock Performs very well

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Apr 1, 2010.

1. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    3bn transistors split into two dies is still 3bn transistors whichever way you look at it, and would actually use more power over a single die. And just because you have two dies doesn't mean you can halve the clocks and have the same performance, that's just a ridiculous argument.

2. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
    Oh well, sorry, I am not a technitian like you. It was just an idea I had based on what I saw in the case of the CPU's, nothing else. Anyway, they'll have to find "some" solution to these ridiculous temps and power consumptions some day, you know, or Fermi 2 will be nuts.

3. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    No need to be a smartass, what I said is just common sense tbh

4. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    Fermi is a complex architecture, and any engineer knows that with complex circuitry (VLSI) comes higher power consumption and higher costs.
    That said, ATI would hit the same brick wall if they have to design a complex board (which they intend to with the e.g. 68xx incoming series).

5. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    And with the price of single HD5970 you can buy 2*GTX470. SLI-scaling with 2*GTX480 was very impressive. Those cards doesnt even have very high temps when you turn up fan a bit which doesnt increase noise much.

6. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    actually Nvidia released a new BIOS to fix fan/temps issues on the 470 480 cards.. and temps don't go past 86-87C at load. so temps excuses arent valid no more

7. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    wow, do want

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    was just asking cus you seem to know alot about the 480

9. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
  10. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
    I just need to know a few things: performance, features, price, temps and power consumption. Nothing else is necessary for a simple buyer like myself. While the first two things are pretty good, the last two are simply awful, you know. Yes, the price could be acceptable seeing the performance, but not seeing the temps and power consumption.