EVGA the Z170 Classified-K Motherboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    At $289.99 EVGA launches their EVGA Z170 Classified K. It has a Intel Z170 Express Chipset with DDR4 3600MHz+ memory support, built in Killer Ethernet  and USB 3.1 support....

EVGA the Z170 Classified-K Motherboard

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    after shamino left its been pretty much downhill for evga mb's

looks good thou

3. jdc2389

jdc2389 Member Guru

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    Killer NIC haha sorry it's not going to catch on guys everyone wants intel on a premium board.

4. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti 2063/6180
    I have the Z97 Classy, its really a nice board, but as the article says its not quite on part with asus and gigabyte. They need to tweak the way the ram works. Its super hard to OC ram with the board. my 2400mhz ram will hardly do anything over its rated speed and you cant tighten the timings at all. Also had 2 sticks of 2666mhz ram and after 3 weeks of no stop testing i got it to work, but the latencies made it worse then what my 2400mhz were. In games you could actually feel the lag, but loading windows and whatnot did feel snappier..

Idk there are quite afew boards that have it. They sound like they can reduce latency by quite a bit, and give you better throughput.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016

5. nexxusting

nexxusting Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    X99 Classy here. While I don't hate it. It has my 5930k@4.5ghz however the uncore is at 36 and will go no higher because of lack of OC socket. It also has only a PCIE 2.0 M2 slot.... It's a mediocre board for an exorbitant price.

I personally will never buy an evga mobo again....

6. barrybondz

barrybondz Member

GPU:
    MSI 970 Twin Frozr
    Originally I bought an evga 775 board than the x58 ftw and honestly for $350 at the time the board was kind of ****. I got the Rampage II extreme for $450 and it ran circles around the evga board. I bought a 660 after my 570 bit the dust and it lasted two years before it crapped out. I have honestly never been impressed with EVGA other than the fact they have good warranty to stand by their **** products.

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    you should have gotten the x58 classy that was the best x58 board for extreme 3d overclocking even better then the re..

I could only sit back and feel bad for all the poor folk who got the p67 and later boards

8. lexer98

lexer98 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    +1
    I had a P67 FTW, in paper is a amazing board, but the BIOS is just terrible and they never fixed it.
    When i buy it, i had to wait several weeks for new BIOS to actually CAN overclock my cpu ... the board just refuced to boot even with a little O.C :3eyes: .... Memory overclocking:wanker::wanker: around 2000 MAX with downwind at sea level @ 20°c 1011Hpa.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016