Evga RTX 2060 Random Restarts

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by TekkMarine, Sep 2, 2020.

1. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Hey guys,

Recently purchased an Evga RTX 2060, since day one i've been getting random restarts. No BSOD or error messages, i've attempted DDU install, different slot install, it litterally happens under no load and when playing games occasionally causes brief stuttering and lagg.

Thinking it could potentially be a power supply issue but it's a Corsair 1000w unit so i'm a little sceptical.

Anyone know of some PSU testing software?

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    So I assume your rig works fine w/o a dedicated gfx card, just with Intel HD output?
    Do you have a spare gfx card to make sure it's 2060 causing restarts? Or spare anything to troubleshoot further?

PSU testing software is... no, you can't crash your PC and be sure that its bad PSU. OTOH if you can make it squeal under different loads you could make a case that PSU is working as it should.

Hopefully its bad 2060, so you can return it, add $100 and get 3070 :)

TekkMarine likes this.
  3. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Have not yet tested with another card, it works perfectly fine without the 2060 with 0 crashes.
    Every time i boot it runs fine between 10-30 mins and then a restarts after putting the card back in.

Could be a case of the PSU dying out and is no longer delivering the power needed, then again it could even be a motherboard issue.

"Sigh"..... Will go with return the GPU for another one.

4. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I have no idea how this happened, managed to return to my 2060 KO to Scan.co.uk, fault was identified and refunded the purchase.
    Out of total boredom i decide to whack in my 980Ti SC to find it is working perfectly, all i did was replace the power cables.

Can't believe it!