EVGA retracts PrecisionX 15 download - issues a statement

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 19, 2014.

1. pissedpenguin

pissedpenguin Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti
    It started with EVGA.. I'm not going to disclose my personal name but that was in my username. We've run into each other in the past in threads all across the board.

I was not banned, I quit and left the company, as did many others, place has an ungodly turnover rate.

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    What he says is indicative of EVGA being sloppy. Their software has never been their strong suit.

3. pissedpenguin

pissedpenguin Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti
    Perhaps you are right, I don't know completely. But doesn't make them any less shady. I just saw this in the news and I had to lol. Can't say I was the least bit surprised.

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Right now, their iteration of Precision is garbage. I like the layout better than Afterburner, but their functionality is currently hosed.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

The development of any new features is not assumed by the contract. I had to release new versions with new NVIDIA GPUs support only or when some problem in the application is reported by company. Even without legal obligations to add new features to it, I was updating original Precision X 4 in my normal schedule till 3 Jun 2014 (when I saw PX 5 on Computex) and prepared new version with some changes like CPU monitoring and others, update had to be available for download in September 2014 with 64-bit RTSS. I even announced upcoming September release in EVGA support forums for the application users some time ago. Jacob simply was not even brave enough to notify me about contract termination from EVGA side (which is directly specified in contract, any side can terminate it at any time by 10 working days written notice to the other party). I'm not even saying that after terminating the contract company had to stop any distribution of original Precision, so during whole 2014 it was sold by company without any legal reasons to do so.
    Anyway, those money related things do not care me much. Once new PX 15 is pulled back and EVGA will rework and get rid of illegally copied things, I'm OK with it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    If I could suggest one layout change to AB, it would be allowing the selection of the GPU's from the main interface instead of needing to use the settings menu. I realize SLI users are in the minority, but it's really a pain in the butt to set up profiles needing to switch back and forth.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I suggested it to MSI on early stages on MSI Afterburner skin design. That time they had the following position on it: SLI/Crossfire users are not the majority, so we'd like to avoid wasting main window space on it to keep it as compact as it possible. So it was located in application properties. Anyway, if MSI change their mind on that and decide to put those things in the main skin design - there are zero problems with that.

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Thanks for responding. I kinda expected that was the case.

9. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Sooo, then why are so many consoles? Why is the Android gaming market getting bigger with every SOC release? Why is Steam even actively dev'ing a Linux OS FOR gaming? PC master race?

10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Gentlemen, please either stay on-topic, or create a separate discussion thread on that topic okay?

11. WiCz

WiCz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X OC WF

I am making no sense?

Please show me where I said anything about EVGA and money.

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    @WiCz/GhostXL: Well, in that case eVGA would be happy just to tell their users to use MSI Afterburner, no?
    It has value as part of marketing and PR. For them very cheap but efficient.

@IcE: I do not think anyone on our forum was misinformed enough to bash eVGA for their skin as it is known it is theirs.

13. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I too have been an EVGA customer for a long time and am very disappointed by how the situation was handled by them. This was the straw that broke the camel's back, as it combined with the decline in quality, warranty and support in recent years (EVGA used to have great Lifetime/10 year warranty on their video cards and a step up program with the purchase, now you have to pay alot extra for that as well as free cross shipping with warranty issues and step-up which is no longer available at least where I'm from), has sadly convinced me not to buy EVGA anymore and go with video cards from different manufacturers in the future instead.

14. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    you are all very inocent if you think the fact the aplication beeing free for us users doesnt mean massive profits for EVGA , its a client catcher aplication ,works almost the same way as android gaming this days , app is free but they end up doing millions every day on the back of it.

so in this matter IMHO unwinder should sue their ass to the moon and back , they deserve nothing less, not even after beeing exposed and getting the chance to admit and apologize for the blatant thief , they acted as they should have , they have no shame so they should pay hard for it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  15. orky87

orky87 Guest

GPU:
    R9_Nano
    LOL @ EVGA BSing all this time on that it was an in-house built utility. Well EVGA this time you really did yourself a favour even though Guru3d tried to save your ass! The internet doesn't forgive nor forget so get what's coming to you suckers!

16. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Here come the brainwashed

My last contact with EVGA,
    I was a regular on the forum, and as such I got GREAT Service!!! As long as I was buying top of the line stuff, I had a P55 motherboard with the infamous SOCKET defect. I asked Joe to help me out as there RMA said it was my fault(and it was not), Joe threw me to the dogs(I spent a lot of money with EVGA) all my boards and cards from 6800 Ultras for $500. Then to be slapped in my face for buying a motherboard, and get zero warranty for it?
    Make no mistakes EVGA is a COMPANY as such a Companies main goal is to? MAKE MONEY SELL PRODUCT......................
    Its a spit in the Face to Unwinder, to not pay him for his work OH wait they call that a crime right? Give him something so they can use it, or get caught with yer hand in the cookie jar apparently they choice the latter!

17. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    To little to late EVGA...

Very COWARD official statement (but ey, they can't admit they completely stole Unwinder's work, can they?)

Never buying an EVGA product again, will go back to MSi vga's one more time.

These are the 2 cents we, users, can do for a little "justice" to be applied.

Regards.

18. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Quit your whining, it's just a utility.

Reality check to all you whiney, boycotting babies. Really? It's just a freakin little utility? EVGA is not known for their utilities but their hardware. I don't see why they should even need to include a utility at all. I never use them. Is a small percentage improvement using a utility really going to make a big difference in my gaming experience for my hardware? NO! Get over it. If you need it just use rivatuner and shut it.:thumbdown

19. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    Uh-oh... I'm already moved to Zotac, and very happy with that! :D

No more EVGA in my list :)

20. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I agree with a few other posts, This was over software not there cards. I really like there cards, and will continue to buy when I can, have always been treated right in that respect. Everyone makes mistakes, big or small, They did right thing taking it down. Are they suppose to pay for it forever? Remember the last time you [anyone] made a mistake? My take anyway, Peace guys .........