1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EVGA GTX 980 SC fan...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by sapo_joe, Nov 3, 2014.

1. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080
    Well, I don't really thing this is a problem, since my card is always cool, even when playing games...

But I noticed that the fans on it only start spinning after about 50ºC, and never below that.

Anyone with a GTX 980 with a non-stock cooler has this going on on their cards?

Besides that, I'm quite happy with the new card. It's completely silent on desktop, runs cool, and it's blazing fast on games!

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Afaik, the MSI Gaming and Asus Strix cards do that too. I don't own any of those two, so it's just reading knowledge though.

3. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal) + X34
    It's a new feature that turns the fan off below 50*C to keep noise levels down at idle, seen on ACX 2.0 cards from EVGA, ASUS STRIX, and MSI GAMING cards.

If you're really concerned about the fan not spinning, you can modify your BIOS to keep a minimum fan percentage going, but I wouldn't worry about it.

4. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080
    Thanks mate! :thumbup:

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Exact same card, as design, keeps them silent under normal non intensive usage

6. insp1re

insp1re Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4GB
    definitely a feature, much like your psu fan wont go on, with certain models till it reaches heat / load.