EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 FOR $300 or the GIGABYTE GTX 980 XTREME for $350-$375?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by footron, Apr 15, 2016.

?

Which graphics card would you choose?

1. EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0

50.0%
  2. Gigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme Gaming

50.0%
  1. footron

footron New Member

GPU:
    gtx 980
    I have a chance at both of these cards this coming weekend..I would be able to test both before buying to make sure they function properly. Both are being advertised as less than a month old and basically new. Both are claiming to have all the paperwork necessary to prove validity. I'd probably be able to haggle the 980 Xtreme down to 350..but even then, would it be worth it over the EVGA model? I might be OC'ing. I really need some solid, thought out opinions!

There's the rumors about Pascal as well to consider. But even given the new lineup of GPU's, I highly doubt there will be a card that outperforms the 980 for $300-$375.

Thanks in advance!

2. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    The 980 from gigabyte is a great card. I have the G1. Xtreme is even a notch faster(please run gpu z and get a backup of its vBIOS if you buy it and share it here please...)
    They boost high, run very cool and they have awesome quiet coolers. Oh and they overclock very well)
    I know MOST Evga 980 and ti have LOCKED voltage both in hardware and vBIOS. I would avoid them like plague!
    Good luck

3. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I had EVGA 970 SCC with ACX 2.0 cooler the cooler is not great when pushed gets noisy its fine all at stock but not great at higher fan speeds, so I voted for the Gigabyte Xtreme.

4. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    take EVGA cos GIGA released to many different REV board.