1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EVGA GTX 460 SE driver problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jci20, Jan 15, 2011.

1. jci20

jci20 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SE
    Once i got the gtx 460 se hooked up and ready to go. The first thing i did was download the latest drivers (263.09) off the nvidia website. Upon restarting the computer everything was fine then. Downloaded the orange box and started playing some games, Half-life 2 ran perfectly, but once i got to TF2 the lag and stuttering began.
    I was running into some high dpc latency which made the game pretty much unplayable, so i did a little research and found out some people had no problems with older drivers. I'm pretty sure it's the nvidia drivers since i did a latency test without it installed and was never over 300ms.
    Once i had it installed i peaked from 3000ms - 6000ms+, weird thing is I'm using the onboard audio and i hear no stuttering while playing music or watching videos even though dpc goes up to 3kms. This only persists while playing games. Any idea for what's causing this? I may be bottle necking the gpu since my cpu is kind of old, but also did a fresh install of windows 7 and still having problems.

Computer Specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 1.80GHz
    Chipset P45G
    3GB DDR2 OCZ
    Ultra LSP550 550-Watt Power Supply

Side note: I'm thinking about getting the GTS 450 instead, does this gpu suffer from high dpc latency like the gtx 460 does?

2. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080 Ti
    It has nothing to do with GTX460 having high dpc, GTX460 is a much better card than 450 so you would sacrifice alot of performance. No I think you are right about it being drivers, but It can be from a whole other driver than nvidia´s? I have two 460´s in sli and have no issues you speak of so It can be anything. Best way to find the cause is using elimination? ;)

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  3. jci20

jci20 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SE
    what driver versions are you using for the gtx 460s?

4. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080 Ti
    Sorry forgot you said it was when gaming...

5. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    by any chance are you using a home theater receiver?

for my setup, ive got a home theater receiver. with some games, if i leave it in multichannel mode, i get some audio delay. but if i switch on dolby prologic ii to convert 2.1 to 5.1, the delay goes away.

6. jci20

jci20 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SE
    no, i'm not using a home theater receiver.

7. jci20

jci20 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SE
    Do you think getting a new video card of a different series will get rid of this dpc latency issue I'm having? It's been frustrating and I'm afraid getting a new gpu i'll still have the problem because of the drivers. Or does it vary for different series?

8. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1050
    I dont even know why you guys check dpc latency?I never checked and never had a problem.

9. Trance_Head

Trance_Head Active Member

GPU:
    2x 8800 GTS 512
    I have had high dpc latency issues before, but with 8800 GTS 512 in SLI.I was using Digital coaxial out and that was the cause for the issue, went to analog and it went away and performance was great. I also purchased a GTX 460 768mb just to try it out and ran into that same problem you did with the stuttering and what not. I tried it with 260.99, 265.90, 266.35 driver sets and still had the same problem. I didn't check how the latency was though when I played with the GTX 460, and i was using analog sound as well. It became unbearable to me as gameplay was not consistent and so returned to frys where i bought it from.

If you search high latency issues GTX 460 in google there are quite a few threads involving that issue, and I think I read it somewhere in hardocp that the issues seem to affect people using the LGA 775 platform, which i have as well. Though others with different platforms have reported the issue as well.

Best of luck with your issue op.

10. Zenn

Zenn Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 1GB
    I have a gtx 460 and don't have high dpc latency