eVGA Classified SR-2 review with Quad SLI GTX 480 on LN2 [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Well I'm gonna show this to some guys at work tomorrow, not something I normally do, but this article is something else.

Don't worry Anubis, I'm with you man!

University or science institute... I play with it every now and then.

2. cat

cat New Member

GPU:
    7870 hawk
    But the question is can it play crysis??

3. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    Hahaha.

Seriously, Bodar and Hilbert, very good article !!!! Congrats, it was entertaining and educating from beginning to end!

4. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Brilliant. Congratulations on the world records.

[​IMG]

5. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    I don't :)
    I simply start to ignore stupid comments.
    I've been waiting (and I'm sure I'm not alone) for this article for a couple of months, so I know what and why I'm saying this. :p

6. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Nice review Hilbert/Bodar. And you are one lucky son of a gun Bodar. :mhp::rock:

7. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    Nice article....much power and big bang bucks :banana:

8. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Thanks so much Guys!! Really appreciate it! Dont know what to say except for that I loved every second of this! Hilbert did a great job with everything!
    I just got back from a family reunion so it was nice to share this with everyone. I really want to thank all you guys for taking the time to check out the projects I've posted here on the forum! It means alot!! and yes, it was rather distracting sometimes having Samantha around, although in a good way :D

I usually get all my LN2 from a place called airgas.

This was drawn from multiple wall sockets. Sometimes my lights would flicker when I turned this on :D

Thanks so much brotha! Really appreciate that as you were one of the first to ever offer your help and knowledge when it comes to this stuff that I love so much!

I was thinking of doing several gaming benchmarks as well but most of them dont take advantage of 24 threads.. Once I create an sr-2 project thread I'll include some of that stuff for fun!

It was actually possible to overclock these cpu's beyond 4.60ghz on watercooling but I did'nt want to risk instability while running all benchmarks..
    Also, I needed these chips to last long enought to run at 5.50ghz before they started degrading.. As you know, one of them died. R.I.P :)

Hey Gino!! :) Yeah man, it was crazy! Always wondering if my power was going to shut off since the lights were flickering a bit.. Ln2 went faster then 10 thirsty camals guzzling down water in the middle of a desert! :D
    about 40 - 50 liters per hour..

9. cobhc2007

cobhc2007 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 980ti JS
    Great work guys. Is there a glitch with CPU-Z where it only shows 6 threads for each cpu instead of 12, due the Xeons? As I thought they were 6 cores, but 12 threads?

10. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Yeah, some benchmarks would'nt take advantage of 12 threads.. the scores ended up being lower so it just depended on what the test was.. For instance.. win7 32-bit + hyperthreading in vantage was awesome! win7 64-bit + hyperthreading in vantage was crap..

11. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    blimey, that much of a difference between 32 & 64bit. Wouldnt have expected that...

Great job with the SR2 tho Bodar :)

12. jcgeny

jcgeny Banned

GPU:
    2xhd5970+Gtx260 /\ GT 230
    how much money did you spent ?
    do you think the cpu + mainboard + 4x480 are usable again with a long life expectancy ?

my idea is for first : a lot , second is : NO way :pc1:

13. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    You do know there is a whole article about this on www.guru3d.com? Who gives a crap about lifespan when benching on LN2 lol

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  14. cobhc2007

cobhc2007 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 980ti JS
    Ahh, would that mean that Win7 x86 with Hyperthreading would mean a better score than the Vantage score you got in x64?

15. zoso_the_hippy

zoso_the_hippy Master Guru

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    congrats Beaux dude =)

16. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Kudos, Beaux! :thumbup:

17. jcgeny

jcgeny Banned

GPU:
    2xhd5970+Gtx260 /\ GT 230
    that is like a cigarillo for some , like the one's of bender in 300$ ;']

[​IMG]

i wonder if he will ask for replacement of dead cpu and soon mainboard + vgas ,
    i mean he did overclocking and at evga that is the major bonus of card ... i wonder if intel will like it too ?

18. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    thats the coolest freaking thing ive seen in a while....is that your house? damn dood, thats pretty intense. when the video first started i though you were gonna open a book and start reading us a story ahah :) j/k man, pretty epic job.

19. Ji1986

Ji1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX670 OC SLI
    I wont one

20. nikovv

nikovv New Member

GPU:
    CGA
    please tell me what is the point of having components for 2 boxes arranged on a single motherboard? It will saturate memory bus.
    This motherboard is a non-sense product. It is much more efficient to have these components being separated in 2 different cases, each with its own PSU, processor , and btw, you could have 8 GPUs running, not 7 like in this motherboard. I am building clusters of GPU processing nodes, this mobo is not for me.