ASUS, EVGA and ZOTAC GeForce RTX Card photos leak as well

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  2. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Why is the last Zotac fan out of the card, i know is still has the heatsink there which is out of place as well, i could make fun and say this is a 2 in 1 with extra cooling for the RAM :D

I don't know if this is the final product but if so it's pretty stupid, even if this is the same size as a GTX1080 and the extra fan space is not aligned with the RAM it's blowing hot air into the top of the case near the RAM (since a GTX1080 is more or less aligned with the RAM where the card ends) and it will actually get hotter there.o_O

3. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    it is cooling its own heatsink, is ok.

I do not see anything stupid here.
    The alternative are the blower fans that sends hot air out of the case near the video connectors, but they are so noisy.

4. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Yes it's cooling it's own heatsink while blowing air upwards (since the card itself is not blocking the airflow) which happens to be near the RAM lol.

Sigh and i wanted to go Zotac this time, i guess i'll just wait for review and look at the thing slotted before making assumptions :/

5. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    Do you understand how a heatsink works? There is nothing wrong with the Zotac design. As long as the fans are blowing onto to the heatsink and heat pipes then they are doing their job. Not all of the fans have to be aimed at the card. And if you are worried about your system RAM because of the extra air being directed it's way then I think that's pointless. Unless the whole design is constructed to blow the air outside of the case then it's ALL going back inside anyway (increasing air temps inside your case). A small overhang off the end of your GPU is the least of your worries...

HandR and EL1TE like this.
  6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    but....
    jagged fonts

:D

7. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Also the flow blocked by the card itself is what render the cooling unefficent, since turbulences will make the air not flowing correctly. Hot air that is inside the case anyway.

8. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Classy how Asus cut a corner off of that horrendous looking Asus-reference? shroud...Oh wait it has two balls and a turbo, that's no reference design there...:confused:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  9. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070

For fun figure up how much air volume you have in your PC case and how much cfm(cubic feet per minute) in total your exhaust fans put out. I think if you do you will laugh about this "issue". For most people the entire volume of case air is evacuated out every few seconds. The point is airborne heat inside a PC case is a best case scenario since its easy to remove. I realize this is counter to what some think with things like rear exhausting GPU's etc. I can see the aethstetic issue but air blowing on RAM or whatever is a pointless concern.

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Damn are they ugly, with the exception of the ASUS Strix one, there's literally nothing I like from a design pov out of the leaks so far. Maybe some of them look better in actual photos.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Gladly, if I get such a card I'll take off that cooler anyway to put it under water.

Solfaur likes this.