EVGA Adds Color Options for GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. easytomy

easytomy Active Member

GPU:
    AMD
    How about availability and price correction? How about adding those??????

3. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    $950, LOL. Right.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    But... but it's got different colors now! Just imagine it would have RGB lighting too... would easily cost more than 1000$!

(and those two shown colors don't even look good imho, or as they would match the usual colors other vendors offer to match them...)

[​IMG]

5. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I wonder if they can add red color option later in time... GPP.

6. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    I might feel differently after the custom Ti versions of the next gen NVidia cards come out (I have SLI EVGA 780's at the mo) but maybe some gamers feel a bit sick at paying £1,000 ++ for that next gen card? I've held off upgrading my Dell U2711 which I've had for 7 years and my cards as I want to go 4K but with a monitor with 120+ refresh and cards that can provide 85+ refresh as a number of the games don't work in SLI but the wretched 'miners' have stuffed us price wise and given NGreedier even less motivation to provide us with good perf cards at 'reasonably' sensible prices.
    I have upgraded my headphone & DAP set-up big time instead as I am getting more back, even with silly top end hi-fi prices.

7. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I can see the slogan on the box! "Give color to your minning rig!"

jaggerwild likes this.
  8. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    No offence but that's one Ugly looking card! I think the best design to date was the 980ti with the white led lights on them. Acx 2 or something like that.

9. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    not sure of the point of releasing these so late in the game, unless its to dwindle existing stock. I think it would be a bit silly to splash out full retail on a 1080ti now.

10. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    The point of them coming out with these is that they cost $950, and people WILL buy them. That is the point.

TheDeeGee likes this.

11. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    I don't know why anyone would bother at this point. If you've waited this long you may as well wait for the next series to roll around.

12. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    After seeing them refuse a RMA for a scratch on the SLI connectors, the dude didn't even use SLI. EVGA has sunk lower to just another GPU supplier, apparently what got them here isn't important to them any more.

13. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    Full disclosure, EVGA owner/fan here...

These color options aren't new, they were previously available to people who registered several EVGA products (can't remember the exact requirements). Anyways, these cards were occasionally available to EVGA "elite" members through a hidden page. I had not purchased one, but I think they were listed for less for the original MSRP until maybe a month or two ago (they were always sold out because of this). EVGA then removed the listings for these cards, don't know the reasoning, presumably miners were just buying them up along with the normal cards. I suspect that, besides general price gouging, the cost of doing business has increased due to the RMAs from miners... anyways, not a big shock that these cards (being sold at the old pricing) disappeared only to reemerge at $900+

Definitely a bad look for EVGA support, I don't know the particulars, but I'd like to believe they got this situation fixed for the guy.

All I can say is that it doesn't mesh with any of past experiences w/ EVGA. I had reached out to their support on a Saturday evening a few weeks ago with a warranty question and got a detailed response back after midnight (maybe two hours later). Having a support rep assist you with detailed feedback in the middle of the night on a weekend is a pretty great level of service imo

14. Oclockster

Oclockster Guest

GPU:
    GTX980TI
    The red and white versions of thier cards have been around. Personally getting a TI now makes a lot of sense if you do 1440 gaming and just want the keys to the kingdom now and not six months from now. Nobody knows when the new ones will be actually available (you think price gouging has been bad, wait for the first people to get them to list them on Ebay for double MSRP). I'd also wait on the new ones until Christmas for availability to normalize and for them to shake out any bugs. I'm not going into 4k gaming so the 1080TI will be the last stop for many years. Don't get your hopes up that one of the new ones will magically appear at MSRP right away.

15. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    http://www.overclock.net/forum/69-n...ng-rma-sli-pci-e-finger-connector-wear-8.html