1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eVGA 790iUltra SLi board and Q9650

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by ice_chiney, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ice_chiney

ice_chiney Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual 690s
    what do you guys think about this setup? getting the deal from a friend for only 340US !! so, i am taking it.

case is a thermaltake v9 blackseries and was wondering what cooler do you guys recommend? this baby going to be OCed for sure. looking for Air cooling ONLY :)

btw, his hardware is only few weeks old. he migrated to i7 few weeks after he bought these things. my luck, his lost!

2. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    When i moved from the Core2 lineup to the i7, my 9800GTX tripple SLI smoked my older 790I setup...by a good margin...if you are going to do any tripple SLI setup, it wont be nearly as fast as any core i7 setup....
    2way-sli with even newer cards will be maxed..keep that in mind.

3. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD630 :(
    I guess you should get either a Noctua, megahalem, Thermolab Baram or the Alpenföhn Nordwand

Im going to be replacing my Titan Fenrir with the thermolab on my Q9550 early next month.

4. ice_chiney

ice_chiney Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual 690s
    yeh i know that man, you could at least recommend a cooler.. :3eyes:

as for video cards..i am not goin up for benchmarking ..my monitor wont be that big... and well..for now i am leaning towards a 5870 and something small on the nvidia series for dedicated phys-x ..

thanks matt..u got any link to support those recommendations?

5. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
  6. Eatinitup

Eatinitup New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 4870
    The 790i Sli mainboard has always been a good board for me, currently i run it with an Intel E8400 platform. I have heard awesome reviews about the Coolermaster V8 and am awaiting arrival of mine, the only problem i have had with this board is it doesn't like to hold memory well. In my own words, i have had memory problems. with overheating and constantly having to mess with the voltages in the BIOS. Possibly a newb error as i am new to the OC world but im learning.

7. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Dude, get these...Patriot Viper DDR3 2000 They were designed for our board. With some dilligent effort, you can get these to scream, man. You can have that E8400 rip-tearing with a little fsb massaging.

8. ice_chiney

ice_chiney Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual 690s
    ohhh me likes that ram!! thanks nvlddmkm and eatinitup !! any others?