EVGA 480GTX watercooled- max load temp is 49C!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bala_gamer, Apr 1, 2010.

1. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I'm hoping Arctic Cooling will do an Accelero Extreme Cooler for the GTX 4X0 series.

This one i've got on my GTX 285 is the shizzle, 28'c idle 50-60'c load and totally silent.

2. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    GTX 470 goes for 329€ here and the GTX 480 for 480€. Turned out to be cheaper than I thought. But tad loud and hot for my taste.

470 SLi becomes direct competition to HD 5970 at 329€ / card and noise wise they are not off much either. Only downside is power demand...

3. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    and?? what's your point ??

It is a fact, it is my opinion and I don't get tired of saying the same info again.

Next time read much carefully as my point here was the cost of such a water cooled GTX 480.:bang:

4. prodigy *

prodigy * Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 470gtx
    i dont think ill go multimonitor any time soon cos as hilbert sayed in the eye enfinti review the bezel,s run it for fps games and basically thats all i play..

5. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    I wonder if the CrossSli Dangerden Fittings would fit on those cards Cuz im planning on getting 2 or maybe 3:banana:

LoL Man ur card is on H2O and ur only pushing 850!! Comeon Mine is on stock air and im pushing 920 on the cores :S

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  6. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    ok that might b gpu temps what bout rest like memory n vrm temps . I dont think that heatsinkish over vrm will do much in cooling wise

7. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Hey I had Tri 280's all on water. lets see I paid about 420 for each card, another 140x3 for water Blocks for about $1680 I can buy 2 480's for round 500 and blocks for that for another 150-180 for about 1350-1400 but the only game Im really gonna see improvemnet right now is Metro 2033. Well i think I'll wait awhile and see if anything better comes out. Heck and Im bored I really wanna buy something right now i got about 1ooo bucks to burn so damn what to buy!:wanker:

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You.....................:wanker:

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    from what i'v seen on 480 vrm temps are less then a 5970 in furmark (no throttling),but it is a good question

10. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes, these cards look great. I've watercooled my video cards for the last two generations and I'm not having any high noise fans in my setup any longer, so a move to 480 will have to be on water. I emailed EVGA at the beginning of the week to enquire about when they will be released in the UK. Sadly no answer. I somehow expected a bit more than that, even just a reply to say "soon" would have been better than a non-response. Will have to wait to see how much the block costs on its own. I'm not keen on spending more than around £500 on the whole setup (e.g. £420 on the card, £80 on the waterblock if bought separately), and I have a feeling that the card will cost more than that.

@ Cowie: Congrats on the new CPU, I'm looking at it myself but haven't convinced myself just yet. High time you replaced that videocard though! Properly overclocked this is the perfect partner to a GTX480 SLi setup!!!

11. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    That was just for the 6 displays. For 3 displays the reviews are very positive.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/ati-eyfinity-editorial-review/8

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    @dune2
    stay unconvined get a 920 or 930 for alot less,it will do everything you can ask.dont mess with my gx2 :)

yes i do have plans for 480's if they dont sell out in like 10 minutes.

if you run these cards in water it would be best to have there own lines(?) right so you can control the temps better.water is only as good as the rad i would think?
    i dont use ever water,but i have two aftermarket coolers for them all ready, i'm hoping to go close to 900(1800) stock volts :smoke:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  13. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If you are not keen on water, the Prolimatech MK-13 seems to be the ultimate aftermarket solution for the 480. It's nigh on inaudible with a decent single-120mm fan (you can add a second for more ooph) and it beats out all the comentition. On the downside, it takes alot of space, so you may struggle if you want to go SLi.

I case of watercooling, I don't think you need separate loops for each card. Yes, the second card in the loop will be 5-8c hotter than the first one, but we are talking 60c instead of 54c, so it doesn't make a difference. As long as you don't throw in the CPU/chipset waterblocks as well, a dual-rad will do fine.

14. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
    It is a good solution if you want to overclock your card to cross the stock overclock limits, for example, but NOT for making your card work as it should from the get go! Too expensive, friend.

Yes, diehard Nvidia fans will love everything from Nvidia, even 3D poo like this card! That's why it is better not to be a diehard fan ever, but simply use one's intellegence and choose wisely.

15. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
    Yes, it is our decision, and a big portion of us decided to not buy that Nvidia poo till they fix the temps and power issues. See the numbers in the poll if you don't believe me.

16. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Oh boy.

Offical prices from etailers just landed in swe.. brace yourself 692 dollars for a vanilla 480 gtx including shipping wich is around 15-18 dollars.

470 GTX is 492 dollars including shipping for the cheapest vanilla one.

Mindboggling prices. :realmad:

17. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
    That price is nuts! Injury added to insult, it seems. I'll never buy another Nvidia card, my promise! Their policies stink.

In my "expensive" country, a 285 costs 650-700 dollars (the same as a 5870 here). I can't imagine the price of the upcoming 480 in my city.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  18. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    in real time who can afford to buy the evga its going to cost a silly amount for it might as well wait till we get more out or even better wait till the 12th and see if there is any to buy lol

19. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    Prices are high because there will be few cards. So they are gonna gouge it. High demand + low availability = high prices.

When availability is higher prices will go down. We don't need 400 people saying the same thing about not buying it while the price is that high- we agree. No one should buy when its 100-200 above is MSRB.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The stock overclock limits provide a 15% performance increase over stock performance, with this, its entirely likely the GTX480 could match and exceed 5970 performance.

I don't like any of the DX11 cards, but the GTX470 is easily the best of a bad bunch, and that is from using my intelligence to pick the product that provides the most amount of performance and features, and for me the ATI cards just don't give me enough, and i would always feel i was missing out if i had one.