Everyone who owns a 7800GTX is praying the R520 won't be better.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by jerin222, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerin222

jerin222 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA - GeForce 7800GT OC 256MB
    Well, I know I am. It is mostl likely that it will. I mean do you think ATI is dumb enough to make the card and not test it in the latest games and make sure that it is better than the 7800 series before they release the card? If it will better I am going to go SLI! Can't beat that :D

BTW: http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/r520reviewxvxv/

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
  2. keikdasneek

keikdasneek Guest

i want to see what it does with two Geforce 7800 GTX sli vs radeon X1800XT crossfire.

3. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    lol this thread is soooo closed. Watch I can read the future.

4. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 5700xt 8gig
    good to see some competition on the market to drop prices even more :)

5. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    i don,t really give a rats arse if its better,i bought my card to play games and it does that very well,i do not give a flying F*** if ati is better,for those that are worried about it,get over it!!sorry guys just had to get that out:D

6. compgeek89

compgeek89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1080ti SC2
    DriverHeaven is reported to be the most ATi biased review site that has an x1800 Review. I wouldnt put much stock in their stuff.

7. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    why pray it wont be better ? 2 - 3 fps (If any ) isnt going to improve your ego that much...

8. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    ...and then nVidia release the 7900, then ATI release the X1900, then nVidia release the 8600 ...and so on.

What really matters is that you have a high-end card from either GPU manufacturer, if one card runs at 90FPS and the other at 100FPS - it wont change the gaming experience. :)

9. Quand3r

Quand3r Active Member

GPU:
    2x PCIe 8800GTX XFX
    I am not praying, I already saw ATI failed. Just do a little search on Google for ATI x1800XT reviews and have a laugh.

It's as usual, ATI wins some benchies, Nvidia wins some others. One difference though:

You can buy a 7800GTX since June. The X1800XT will not be available till early November.

The lower end cards like the 1800xl get wiped out by the 7800GT for a cheaper price.

I think the ones praying right now must be the ATI stockholders, after their company recorded more losses for this quarter.

I like this one though:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am praying. Hehe.

For those of you that think OpenGL is not important, think again. Quake 4 is coming soon and many other games based on the D3 engine are around the corner.

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Heh, 6800 ultra beats the mighty X1800 XT ;).

11. ubermann

ubermann Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS vmem+vgpu Mod
    I like this ones:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look at min fps =)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ops its faster then 2x7800GT ?

12. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    The X1800 XT has 512MB which could explain some of the performance gains. It's still slower in a lot of games, so overall it's not better than the 7800 GTX. Plus, SLI > Crossfire, so I'm glad I got a GTX... and most importantly, I've had it since JULY, and got it cheaper than the X1800 XT's RRP.

I bet anyone who was waiting for the 1800XT and praying it would be better is feeling disappointed...

13. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    CPU limited. And yeah, you can really tell the difference between 130 and 135fps.

14. izikog

izikog Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950@70 910/1400
    I will not comment this graf:) This is only a joke for Nvidia fans for the 1.April

I would like to say... personally! I do not like ati... and I was their fan but they dissapointed me long time ago... and now I am 100% with Nvidia... so who has a 7800GTX must be really happy as he is enyoying his games for three months... and the ati card in the worst scenario will not be faster than gtx for more than 5% so for me this is nothing! and more this is welcome as prices will go down and every one will have benefits from this...Nvidia will sell more...make more profit to return in development and produce a new better card...I will not buy as it will be too expensive;)

15. ubermann

ubermann Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS vmem+vgpu Mod
    I have 7800GTX until X1800XT arrives so im happy.
    Only thing i do not like with Nvidia is the fanboys, they make me sick.
    Its not the hardware, its the people that make me want ATI.
    Except that the drivers, what a djungle new beta every day and new drivers with removed bugs and new ones added.
    Next driver after that old bugs comes back and new ones is added and so on.
    And then new drivers again woot big performance increase but this time new bugs and bad ones.
    This is what i think is called shortcuts to performance.

16. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    Well the x1800xt is faster is most of the games (except openGL) FEAR is a beta and it's supposed to be fixed when it goes Gold, FEAR is what I'm really excited about and hope performance improves, although I am kicking ass in the online Demo now (see me at the top of the list :)

But evenyone seems to forget that by the time you can actually buy a x1800xt Nvidia will respond with something, I read on Nov 1st (we will see).

If Nvidia releases a 512mb card I will use the eVga step-up program and upgrade, not that I need to but the 512mb is one of the more attractive aspects of the x1800xt that will help it be more future proof.

btw I think x1800xt is a great card and I also think the same of the 7800. 5-10% either way in both cards I don't see how anyone can ohyeah this is so much better bla bla bla.

17. Ayune

Ayune Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800GT 256mb (AGP)
    A few years ago we had Ti4200 vs 8500, FX5800 vs 9700, FX5900 vs 9800, 6800 vs X800 and now 7800 vs X1800 competitions. Its a very classic competition IMO and we need it.

18. Orlandoe211

Orlandoe211 Guest

I agree with ya!

its like

P3 vs Athlon XP
    P4 vs Athlon 64
    P4EE/PE vs Athlon FX

and AMD still wins!

Its like ATI INSANELY OCs their cards because they're technology isnt as good as NV.

INTEL INSANELY OCs their CPUs to keep up with the significantly lowerclocked A64s

AMD wins!
    NV wins!

19. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    I'm not an NVIDIA fanboy, but I'm just more comfortable with their products. One, I like their drivers. Two, their feature sets are typically wider-ranging than ATI's. Not really true this generation but last generation NVIDIA's solutions were more future-proof.

I like to think I'm objective about this, but I do like it when NVIDIA wins benchmarks, I admit it. I'm biased, so what? That doesn't mean I won't buy an ATI card if it's better, hands-down. The x1800XT wins a majority of the D3D stuff, though not by much. Their OpenGL implementation is atrocious, and I need the API for lots of gaming/work. It's also nice that the 7800GTX is a single-slot solution card, whereas ATI's flagship is dual-slot. I don't want to think about the clutter that's associated with two of them in Crossfire. Plus, the 7800GTX has been out for months and readily available the entire time, while the x1800XT won't be available till November, will offer only slightly better performance in D3D and cost $100+ more. The NVIDIA solution will still be a more lucrative purchase simply because it's a better value at its current price point.

Of course, if you go over to the ATI forums and point any of this out, everybody will scream "3DMARK IS TEH R0X0RS!" and you will get nowhere.

20. Orlandoe211

Orlandoe211 Guest

AMEN!

He speaks for me too, I feel the EXACT same way... wow I Love you bud!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.