every new game is shown on console footage never pc

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Jun 19, 2015.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    up until now every game has been console footage, it's really disapointing to keep seeing press x and and O in gameplay previews.... this has to stop. we need pc footage, we don't want compromises anymore.

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    For the sake of making games look better, they usually are running on PCs in the back. They just use controllers on stage.

3. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Sony and Microsoft pay to have the announcement trailers on their consoles, it's a bitter rivalry.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Ubisoft got smarter, they do all E3 shows on consoles now and when you see the pc version you can't see the downgrade anymore.

5. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    I had once thought the same, but as Dran said I think they are using PC for eye candy. My Step son plays exclusively on his PS4 with a nice monitor, but even with my slightly outdated build it's immediately apparent that I'm kicking FAR better graphics and physics than his PS4 could ever touch.

LOL! I remember past threads where there was conclusion that PC gaming would soon die as consoles advance. Rubbish. It will never happen because high end PC will always be 3 steps ahead of any consoles capabilities and sort of sets an ever reaching mark that console will never match. This is because of one fundamental thing... MONEY. Sony and even Microsoft spend endless cash on a new console release and they want at least 3 years to profit from games before investing in a new box. PC? LOL! I turn my head and in just 2 weeks new and faster hardware is released. I like it that way:)

6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    Damn skippy! There's always something to upgrade in a PC. Consoles are boring. :nerd:

7. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Yup, their pretty boring. Like being stuck in a deep well for years with no rope to advance cutting edge. "Yawn." I guess their ok if your broke and want to game.

8. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    After being into pc gaming "properly" for around 10 years, I actually want to go for console. Not sure how to explain it.

9. Adil0n

Adil0n Active Member

GPU:
    POV GTX 470 1Gb
    This.

They'll always do the demos on PC, that's how they manage to show amazing graphics and then they downgrade... like on Watch_Dogs for example

10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Something smaller, quieter, one time 5 year long investment? Streamlined user experience perhaps? PC's are convoluted, they require a lot of interaction from the user amongst different UI's including the OS itself unless you just use Steam and Bigscreen mode and Valve's steam controller should offer more of a streamlined experience but you still have to set it all up first. Most consumers just want a small, quite box they can plug in and it's ready to go without worry of having to upgrade any hardware for quite some time. Steam machines will make a good alternative to them but their gaming experience will vary between games and models of hardware where weaker machines will quickly require upgrades as the user is forced to use lower and lower settings for some games as time goes on.

But with Origin, Steam, Galaxy and Uplay's own UI pop up within Steam amongst the effort of maintaining drivers, setting up accounts for each one, sometimes accounts within a game. PC's aren't ever going to replace consoles until they adhere to some standards.

Best bet is to just have both. A $400 console should be nothing to a PC gamer that keeps their rig updated. It's just another hardware extension of your gaming experience albeit with a different UI..etc again lol.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    PC Mustard Race...

12. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    There are some pretty good exclusives on the PS4, and BB is probably the best game released this year. Diablo3 is actually better on the PS4 as well.

I enjoy sitting in my recliner playing games on my tv. I have set up my pc a few times for the tv, and used a controller, but it is just more convenient to play the PS4. I think it does a decent job, and I have finished more games this year on the PS4, than i have on the PC just because of that convenience.

I am really looking forward to steam link, so I can play the PC at my desk for MP FPS's, and just use steam link on my tv for everything else, when i want to chill and relax.

TLDR, yes I know i can hook my PC up the TV, but the PS4 is more convenient. Can't wait for steam link. BB is GOTY. Don't understand peoples hate for consoles, when you can just have both like F1refly said above.

13. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Ironically, MONEY is usually the primary reason so many people naively try to defend the consoles and expound on the meager amount of positives they do have.

They've already sunk so much MONEY into buying the thing, plus all the extras, they feel the need to defend themselves or would feel foolish not to.

Of course, those who have both and are not swayed by (and fall into) the incessant squabbling and arguing that goes on know all this...

14. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Yes, all that, and the fact that import taxes are growing too much on GPUs. There was recently a sale where the XBOX 1 was being sold by amazon for an R9 280x price in my region (around 346$) it was the MCC edition I believe. Another website seems to have partnered with Sony, 2 months ago they sold PS4 for around 380$. GTX970s debuted for 448$ but now you can find them as high as 600$. When you can only buy a gpu which bruteforces games at ps4 spec, might as well buy a console instead.

I'm at borderline now because of even costlier imported PS4/x1 games, compared to Steam, where getting steam wallet in US $ is actually very easy.

I kinda understand why my parents never wanted me to go deep into gaming haha.

15. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I usually have always spent way less on console since I never needed the extra controllers..etc being just me and all and plus I can just rent games. I had a gamefly account for a while but there's also stores in my area that still rent or sell/trade used games. I never once since the PS3 came out, ever paid more than about $47 for a newly released game thanks to Daves video down the road. It beats buying the same game on Steam for $50 + or else it's having to wait until it eventually goes on sale..often still over $40 unless it really sucks.

But I don't think most people go out of their way to try to defend their purchases so much as it really just depends on the individual. You can buy used PS4 games for typical full PC prices. Steam deals are usually indie games and older titles. All their season sales are basically the same but yet top new games like GTA 5 is still $60 but at least on console you can get a used copy for a fair amount less.

Just to give a quick lookup example, Dying light is a year old and Steam's summer deal is $44.99?....I can buy Dying light from 25 stores online for $39.99 for PS4 with Ebay selling for around $35 free shipping, it's used which is still the same as it's all digital anyway, so the sales differences really aren't all that as you can find low prices for console games online as well.
    But for myself, I could get Dying light from a friend either by trade if I had a game he wanted or I know he'll sell it to me for $25 and many console gamers, especially kids do this kind of stuff exclusively unless they get desperate to get rid of it and take it to GStop.

16. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Hmm thanks for the info.

For some reason I didn't consider online stores and and used copies for ps4. It appears I am not completely ready for the switch, so gonna wait it out a bit more.

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    i could say the same thing about E3 2006 but i would be lying

18. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    I can get how it's just easier and cheaper to only console game. I think when it comes to PC gaming then it sort of has to be a hobby thing for someone. If PC in general didn't hold any interest for me then I would just game on console.

With console it's strictly the experience of gaming. With PC it's the about the gaming too, but also a hobby aspect. Sort of like the person that's into building a motor for his weekend drag or track car or the Audiophile that's into serious Reference grade audio equipment to see just how good he can get his High Def Music to sound.

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Why not both? PCs and consoles can coexist you know. I'm so ready for the Uncharted HD edition coming to PS4. :)

The only thing that strikes me is how easily you can get used to things when switching to another system for several weeks. I was playing GTA V on 360 to death and found it was fun but hard to watch. With fps from 20 to 30 i was constantly getting headaches and eyestrain.
    On the PS4 GTA V looks much sharper and with stable 30fps it also appears to be smoother.

Now that i have played GTA V on PC and go back to the PS4 it totally sux. Sorry, but 60fps is so much better than 30fps.
    I mean you can get used to 30fps but it takes a few days of constantly denying yourself PC games. :D

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    I remember my shock when I bought PS3 to my friends (with two little kids), brought the gift, and games from their old PS2 refused to play. It was so different from PC world where you can play even DOS era games.