Even there is n-paching in radeon 2 the gpu should have the power to do it

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Arunsun, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Arunsun

Arunsun Guest

Even there is n-paching in radeon 2 the gpu should have the power to do it.the gpu should allow high triangle,polygens etc.i should have the power.

2. David Deed

David Deed Don Alfa Terga Inconiti

GPU:
    Geforce 6600
    I think n-patching is software based... wait wait, your talking about the truform rendering technology right?

3. rcf84

rcf84 Guest

Yes it will buddy, The Core is at 200mhz it looks like. N-patches lower the bandwith needs. Also smartshaders and HyperZ. Radeon 2 is nice and i mean nice.

4. A. R. Pakdel

A. R. Pakdel Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by rcf84:<br>
    <b>Yes it will buddy, The Core is at 200mhz it looks like. N-patches lower the bandwith needs. Also smartshaders and HyperZ. Radeon 2 is nice and i mean nice.</b><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><br>
    <br>
    Hehe, a fellow ATI fan huh? Well I usually favor ATI as well, mainly because they are a Canadian IT company, and one of the largest in the world. I just feel like I should support Canadian products. ATI has taken a pretty big hit in the past year, and things aren't exactly looking bright since they have lost quite a bit of market share to Nvidia.<br>
    <br>
    Anyways, you'll never know how good the R200 chipset is untill you actually see it, now will you? Hell, in today's unstable tech industry ATI might even can the whole thing tommorw. Anything is possible, but let's keep our fingers crossed.<br>
    <br><br><i>This message was edited by A. R. Pakdel on 24 Jul 2001 11:42 PM</i>

5. rcf84

rcf84 Guest

Well as i remember some the ATi Radeon preview said it fast as Geforce DDR. What happend fast as GF2 GTS. Only baised site give bad reviews. Well i have to say rivastation.com is a good site. They recommend the radeon if you wanted a non-nvidia solution. At Tom's Hardware Site not be soppose to be baised at all but AMD and Nvidia baised.