Eve online, any fellow pilots?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Morketh, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    I am just starting Eve Online with a friend and we got our own teamspeak server and junk and I was just wondering if anyone else plays Eve in here? If so my name is Atalius Vinelgo, I have to go to work right now but I will be on 11pm CST tonight and hopefully I can meet up with someone who knows about the game and can help me and my friend out cause its pretty complex hehe :)

2. CVND

CVND Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC Modded with NV5
    best game ever i have been for little more than 3 years in it
    if you want you can contact me in game
    Gabi
    Krikin
    does are my charc
    cya around

3. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 4GB
    Renulin Turkmin, Two Brothers Mining Corp. member, new recruits into MWA.

4. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    Yea I just started the other day man, got me a nice little merlin frigate so I can go do my missions in, seems like a fun game so far. I have a question, when you say youve been playing 3 years is that 3 straight years of subscribed playing or did u take breaks..

if you played 3 years straight how did you keep the game fun because I have 3 friends who all they do is subscribe one month, set some training that will last 3 months and then unsubscribe and im hoping very badly that that doesnt happen to me
    right now the game seems so fun and im having a good ol time running the missions and stuff just flying through space and getting to know the storyline a little bit, havent found a corporation yet but me and my friend just kind of help each other out here and there

ill see if i cant look u guys up though hehe

see ya around in space!

5. the_mad_medic

the_mad_medic Master Guru

GPU:
    cirrus logic isa, 512kb
    my current active player is called Remorse Reaper, at present I'm corpless :( I left my last corp cause all they did was sit a pos for like 3 months solid and were too scared to fight and spent 24/7 bitching.... kinda sounds like the voices in my head :p

anyway for the last month my dude has done nothing much, I need a new corp :( .

I played Eve on-line before but for some reason wasent able to resurect my old character after I returned from Bosnia after being sent there for 7 months :( .

Is there a Guru3D corp, if not could we make one?

6. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    I think Mannerhiem (spelling?) plays eve.

7. shodai

shodai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7950gt 550/1400 w/vf900
    I played it for a few months - It's an excellent game and requires a bit of thought. It was just a bit too slow paced for me :\

8. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    I don't currently play due to time restrictions of developing an indie MMORPG with some business associates and school, but in my opinion it is THE BEST MMORPG on the market right now, hands down.

9. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB

Well my best friend just got back from Iraq and he met a guy over there who has been playing since the game came out and he has his own corp and we were going to join his corp when the guy got back from Iraq.

Until then me and my friend are just training and trying to learn the game and make a lil money here and there.
    Ive been reading the forums like crazy trying to learn all kinds of stuff, this game definitely looks like it supports "NON-Carebear" players like myself :)

Anyways Ill be looking you up today or tomorrow, if not on the weekend then :)

Im Atalius Vinelgo

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  10. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    I was thinking about it, but preferred X3 to the prospect of paying.

11. Beren-OneHand

Beren-OneHand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    real pilots play Freespace 2

12. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 4GB
    I bought that, but its an entirely different world that I find impossible to get into.

13. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    k CVND and Mad Medic, I added u guys to friends list on eve talk to ya when ya get on

14. the_mad_medic

the_mad_medic Master Guru

GPU:
    cirrus logic isa, 512kb
    Cheers M8,
    Im not going to be on much this week but from next Monday ill be on a lot more. :D

15. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    My mate jam6549 who posts here every so often plays Eve every day with his corp lol, I'll tell him about this thread, he's pretty good at the game so will probably be useful.

16. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    If anything, for me it was the opposite. X3 was so deep, so intuitive, and making money was so hard. I liked that, it seemed real.

But of course, it lacked other people, but it was the kind of game you could play for an hour or 2 then leave for a couple of days.

17. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    I play EvE just left my corp, I'll look you up Morketh so that we can do some pirating! I only do PVP so let me know whats up. I've got great wisdom from Burn Eden one of the most feared PVP Merch Corps in EvE.

I don't see why we can't start something.

18. RIAA

RIAA Banned

Only if EVE-ONLINE was like Earth and Beyond, then sure. It's mainly because I can't use my ship in first person mode, only on third view. I played for couple of days and I didn't like it.

I seriosuly miss Earth and Beyond! :cries:

19. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    I feel your pain mate, but we must go on with what he have till either the emulator is fixed or EA changes their mind - both are very uncertain.

Drawbacks of eve, if you start now, you must specialize if you want to roll with the big boys. Otherwise its impossible to ever catch up.

20. jam6549

jam6549 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 660 GTX Ti
    jam6549 ingame, part of Iron Hammer Academy, a pirate corp looking for new recruits!

cya ingame