Euro 2016

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Terrible England, yet again, overrated Rooney, tripping over his on feet, Kane just useless.

If this doesn't show a lack of English talent, I don't know what does.

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I can´t believe it!!! What a victory from Iceland!!! That was amazing from them!!!
    I´m really jealous at the way they play, so much passion, so much heart and believe! I wish Portugal played with the same spirit...
    It´s official, they are the team of this Euro´s! Now i hope they´ll do a Leicester and go all the way and win this thing!!! They deserve it! Gooo Iceland!!!

As for England, i guess they also supported Brexit...:roll:

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Yeah poor.

Hart should have done better? Rooney awfull second half. We got sucker punched first half and never recovered.

Shooting was dire again and not enough quality final ball.

Well done Iceland though, they worked their socks off. Look a team but really we should have beaten them. It goes to show what knowing your tactics, playing as a team can do.

Wales seem to be an example of that as well. But both teams should get beat by say France or Italy..

I always said from the start we got the formation and the team selection wrong.

Our wingers didnt give us enough, although Walker did a good effort.

Adios Roy!

4. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Bring Hoddle back, get rid of Roy, England were piss poor throughout the Euros

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    We should have done a 4 2 3 1 or persisted with the 4 1 3 2 or the 4 1 2 1 2.

Italy are playing well with wide men...but they have the players for that formation...

Clear example was when Rose had the ball, Vardy was playing inside and Rose had nowwhere to go.

Sturridge also was pretty ineffective.

Now for an enjoyable rest of the tournament. Lucky I have some Welsh blood and can at least get exited for the Wales game.

Still really lame there at the end. Embarassing. It's been a **** week what with the referendum as well...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  6. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090 G9 240Hz
    Kane shouldn't started, he's was dire in previous matches. Long season, not playing to high standard. Rashford on for what last 8 minutes, didn't have enough time to make decent impact. Vardy needs space to score, which was not on offer. Roy ultimately to blame, taking players not on form for tournament and expecting them to deliver results? Hart quite few mistakes this tournament. Look at class of Spain and Italy goalkeeping it's worlds apart compared to ours.

7. Paul5850

Paul5850 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phantom GTX 970
    Ahahahahahahahaha

[​IMG]

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Well enjoy the celebration Iceland! That's a great win for you guys.

Skal!!!

9. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    The problem with England (I've said this before), they don't bother pushing forward, too slow and not aggressive enough to get the ball in.

Sterling is overrated, as in Rooney.

10. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090 G9 240Hz
    Which is no good for Vardy, as most Vardy goals come from quick counter attacking. Took players then didn't have right system for players, so was never going get best out of them.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016

11. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Roy has resigned, thank god.

12. Paul5850

Paul5850 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phantom GTX 970
    Bale carrying Wales. Griezmann carrying France. Hazard carrying Belgium. British Airways carrying England.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Watching it I was like "WTF, you're all just standing there, move, put a tackle in, do SOMETHING!!! Then they shoot, then Joe Hart drops a clanger.

Unreal.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Rooney is not overrated, nobody rates him, honestly. He's still your best player. OK, today he had a shocker but he was your best player in your other 3 tournaments.

I love the fact that all the English fans lay into Rooney every time something goes wrong. What did Vardy do up front? Or Kane? Or Sturridge? Neither of them showed anything, neither of them scored more goals that Rooney, who played from midfield.

Why not put the blame on the shambolic Joe Hart or "talk about overrated" kid Raheem? Honestly, pick one player who played better for England in this tournament than Wayne Rooney. Please.

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Kane ... Omg...

16. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Considering Vardy is the only one that has displayed any spark in the Euros, maybe he should have had a full game.

Rooney lost the ball repeatedly, missed repeatedly and tripped over his own feet repeatedly.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Today? Although harsh but yeah, he had a bad game. So did most of them. Kane was poor, Vardy did nothing when he came on, Sturridge did a million of pointless stepovers, Hart shocking, Dier invisible, Sterling shocking. The list goes on.

But guess what, in the pressure moment, he stepped up and scored the penalty. Why don't you instead talk about how Hart cost you the game?

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Yep! I also said this before and will say it again. When team selection came up I had a sinking feeling and lost all faith in Roy Hodgson.

And I also said it was incredible last game before the Euros v Portugal we were experimenting with a formation playing Kane and Vardy up front.

I think this sums up things quite well...Shearer is spot on no?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36647773

We didnt take the right players and didnt get the formation right and the tactics which go along with that.

That said you should still beat a team like Iceland. For that you must look at first Hart and the defence. Terrible on the two goals. But after that yeah was just as bad.

Sterling/Wilshere/Sturridge were all out of form when he could have taken players like Lingard/Antonio/Noble....

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Antonio should no doubt have been included! Lingard too.

About the formation and Woy's managerial astuteness, England need a goal to stay in the tournament and he only subs on Rashford with 5 minutes left. Look, you either believe that Rashford can do something and you sub him on earlier or you don't and you don't play him.

Also, last ditch corner kick, one last chance for England to get a goal... Who takes the corner? Your big striker. FML!!!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  20. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    STRIX 2080 Super
    Agreed.

In post 8 of this thread I said how I didn't expect to get for with that defence. When you add to that a lack of quality in the box, no creativity in midfield and a dodgy keeper, it makes life difficult!