Euro 2016

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 8, 2016.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    England's win was deserved

2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    well it's super "woy" again now .. get in there!!

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    As I said Sterling shouldnt be on and Kane shouldnt be taking free kicks! Got something right at least..(shame for him because he can play better).

Will Sturridge play now? You would have thought so. And I think Vardy should start. Lallana for Rashford as Lallana was good for me.

Was harsh on Wales to lose it in the last minutes but Eng deserved it.

My quote "If Bale gets this in from here, I will eat my shorts". Ooops.

4. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    I'm just glad he brought someone on with some flare, Sterling is overrated anyway.

5. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    Agreed mate, the main thing is we got the 3 points now on to Monday night

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Im happy northern ireland won just now. That will be one hell of a party :D :D

7. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Hopefully next match will have Vardy and Sturridge starting, I wish England would be a bit more aggressive pushing forward, felt like they kept pulling back.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    meh boring match germany - poland.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Sterling will sit it out from now on, hopefully. That free kick... Another jammy one for Bale, I mean he hit it sweet, but like against Slovakia, nowhere near the corner and both keepers should have saved that.

Anyway, big day on Monday, if Slovakia beat England, we're through and god knows what happens next. Even Russia can qualify now, good group.

10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I wish i booked today off! Head hurts after yesterday's game! Watched at new football bar at the local stadium, never been so wet from beer. Cups were flying all over the place on 92nd minute! Loved it

Sterling shouldnt start and i would start Sturridge over Kane against Slovakia.

11. jackerby

jackerby Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 960 ACX
    Nearly had a heart attack watching England yesterday! We do like to do things the hard way, don't we...
    Main take aways for me:
    - Drop Hart, at least for the last group game. Harsh? Maybe, but he had a shocker there!
    - Rooney is actually still rather good.
    - Sterling has little to offer us in this tournament.
    - Unfortunately for Kane, he's clearly off the pace. Sturridge or Vardy to start.
    - Our tactic is working surprisingly well, just need that clinical edge.

12. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    We were slow when we got to the penalty area even though we had walker down the wing he kept trying walk it into the box when there was many opportunities for a quick cross.

Half time subs changed everything yesterday, we looked a bit more likely to score, we just need to get it moving quicker and vardy will provide that pace

13. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Another boring match, jesus christ England be more aggressive in the box, push forward instead of passing backwards.

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    To be fair Slovakia did absolutely jack **** and looked they came out to just park the bus. (saying that they did defend well.)

That said England must finish better and some of the final balls were pretty bad.

15. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    no point whatsoever having a coupon on in this years euro...FFS teams!!

16. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090 G9 240Hz
    Think roy messed up bringing on Kane, should been Rashford.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So happy with the result today. Wales and England are through and Slovakia will most likely qualify from 3rd place.

Slovakia played the perfect football today, defended for 90% of the game and did pretty well at that. Excited to see us (Slovakia) in the knockout stages (unless we get massive upsets). Problem is we'll be up against either Germany or Spain.

Still, so proud of the boys today, they left everything on the pitch and to qualify from the group would be a bonus! England were totally flat and uninspiring, but they always drop/raise their level to the opposition's level so I didn't expect anything different.

Pomeeeeee

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Flat/Uninspiring? Think you have been on the Slovakian juice my friend.

All three of England games are on the whole promising. Good enough to beat someone like Italy or Germany?

Spain and France also look dangerous. (although I think France are a bit hit n miss). Spain were dire first match...

Probably not but if we carry are on as we are there's a chance (certainly should beat a Portugal or a Hungary). I think we should get to the semi's...otherwise I think it's a pretty poor tournament considering the squad we have.

Was happy for Wales, great goals and with Bale and Ramsey in form who knows? (granny Pugh would be pleased).

Would be great if N Ireland could cause an upset. But I wouldnt put money on it!

p.s didnt get Roy's changes unless he's worried about injuries.

And I still didnt get why we didnt take true wingers like Antonio or Walcott...esp when we knew we could play a 4 3 3. That said Lallana is playing alright..(but his goal recored isnt amazing).

But Antonio proved he could find the net last season. Very very odd choice. Considering how much freedom Clyne had, I think Antonio would have won us that game vs Slovakia. (better finisher out of any of our wingers/full backs and I think playing a 4 3 3 you need your wide players to chip in with goals..e.g neymar, bale etc).

Also why no Lingard!?!?!?!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  19. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Belgium will win the cup

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    My money's on Germany.