Euro 2016

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 8, 2016.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Well, that final sucked. :(

2. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    STRIX 2080 Super
    I don't agree at all that this championship sucked. There was a lot of high quality football, generally played in a good spirit with some fantastic goals. We saw the likes of Wales, Iceland, Hungary, Italy and even Portugal showing that passion and team-spirit are still alive in today's game.

As a Saints fan, I'm also proud of our boys. As I said in post #8, goals win games but defense wins championships and Portugal's defense is 50% Saints.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Better when theres a bigger pool of teams. Then just the same usual ones tbh :D Grats to portugal. Tho I am glad that free kick didn't score a goal after the false call on hand play.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    All in all it was dissapointing tournament, however this is the trend over the years.
    We see less individual actions and more team action unfortunately. I did like the overhead goal by shaqiri and the heel goal by ronaldo though.

The most matches i enjoyed were played in the group stage.
    The usual big teams were a bit of a letdown and smaller teams like iceland and wales suddenly became great teams.
    I cant think of a tournament where i have seen so many penalties been taken with 0-0 after 90 minutes , and seeing the winner , Portugal only played one match within the 90 minutes sums it up pretty much.

I cant name one team that really stuck out tbh, i was hoping for belgium but they could not handle the pressure.

Hoping my country will qualify for the WC in 2 years but i have low hope for that.

5. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I totally agree with this. 90% of the games were a total bore, including the final that made me sleepy and i´m portuguese!!! But unfortunately this is the trend of football where the only thing that matters is winning by all means so all the teams play with extreme caution, always afraid of attacking because they know they can suffer goals from counter attacks... This results in both teams defending, just like in this final, making games very boring to watch...

Like i said before, i´m portuguese and i´m (very) happy that Portugal won but i prefered when Portugal played great football and didn´t win anything than Portugal playing like crap and winning competitions... Portugal was probably the worst Euro winner than i can remember in my life...

6. jesteves

jesteves Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X @ 2100
    From a Portuguese to another, let me say with respect that you are a litle dummy, when you say "i prefered when Portugal played great football and didn't win anything"

Because i'm tired that when we played fantastic football and win nothing.
    We played amazing in the euro 2004... see what the "amazing" Greece did to us...
    Are you by any chance an Arsenal fan ?

Yes, yes... this euro are boring and sucked... says the fans wich teams didn't even classified for the euro or seen most of it from home in the tv... :)

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  9. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -