EURO 2008 The Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Year, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    that turkey game was quite astonoshing. All that P. Cech had to do was punch that one cross out to midfield and the game would have been over for sure. But no.. he tries to catch it, Turkey tie the game, and there you have it.. one more break down the field and a goal. Sorry, but Turkey looking the way they did up till the 70th minute did not deserve to win. The way they played after the 70th minute, well that is a different story..

remarkable finish to the game though.. i was in total shock!

2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    don't seem to bother you on thanksgiving day though.. you bad boy! [​IMG]

good match though. congrats to Turkey.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  3. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
  4. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    In my opinion they are a far more solid and consistently cohesive team. They aren't any more skilled nor do they employ better tactics. But they gel together and work the plan they have with greater reliability. They are less prone to lose a match they should easily have taken like Turkey is. So many times I have been watching in complete disbelief as Turkey lets another fair easy game slip through their fingers due to complacency.

The Turkey vs. Czech match is a perfect example of Turkey's unreliability they always only seem to "wake up" when the situation is almost hopeless. Their UEFA qualifying is the perfect example. If they opened with the tenacity that they displayed during the last stage of that match I wouldn't have had to sit there with multiple stomach cramps begging for them to stop trying to drive through the centre and watching as they played straight into the Czechs' strengths.

Thank the lord that after half time they started running the wings much more. As the game drew out they were able to start out flanking the Czech's defence. And finally in the dying stages of the game they finally kicked into gear and started to produce errors from the Czech team. Coupled with a bit of luck and Nihat's die hard attitude (the man was running around like he had just been put on) they left the Czech team shell shocked as it all fell apart.

Volkan's idiocy in the final minutes of the match highlighted Turkey's greatest weakness, lack of professionalism. Croatia will be even tougher match. The Croatians play a similar "rougher edge" style of football like the Turks but employ a more rigorous defence. I think if Turkey can disrupt the midfield from supplying good balls to the strikers, especially shutting down Darijo Srna. Then Turkey will have a fighting chance. But they have to play like they did for the final 15mins of the Czech game. Nothing less is really going to suffice against Croatia's new team.

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    it's called a friendly joke mate and i'm quite sure nobody here wanted to offend you, so take it easy and do not take anything personal aye? ;)

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i totally agree with you. i was in shock too lol, dont think turkey deserved to win in overall. but hey thats footy.

Gotta enjoy all the happy faces of the turkish supporters , they treated it here in holland as a final win, turkish people went out on the streets having a party. till late :)

7. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    year maybe the guy is turkish and you offended his country and nationality? ;)

8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    you mean, some guys cant take a joke ? :p

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Ball is circular and well, Turkey won... But my oppinion is we cant last longer..with this football manager we can not...he is rude, he is agrassive for nothing ..i just dont like him.. u can eat him as a grilled turkey. i allow it.

10. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    tommorw is gonna be the most exciting night ever!
    we are gonna have the results of grup C!!!!
    ro-nl and fra-ita both at the same time!!! omg i hop france and italy have 0-0!! and nehterlands lets us beat them, like most of you sayd they will have an easier time to eliminate us in the quarter finals or semifinals

11. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Netherland will give a cookie to Romania, Italy will win against France, Romania will go through with the Dutch you'll see.

nah i didn't, he just didn't seem to take well a joke from a user in the previous thread so i've tried to cheer him up. FAIL! :grin:

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Year, you will see holland ran out of cookies today. sad for romania :banana:
    you will see the mighty roar of the lion again! :p

13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    [​IMG]
    BOO YEAH SUCKAS! Croatia is going all the way!!!!!!!

I know the game vs poland dint matter, but I'm still excited as hell :D:D:D:D

14. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    :D Holland did not participate in this years tournament, Netherland did though.

[​IMG]

i always cheer for Colombia though, Valderrama hahaha

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ he kinda looks like Jack Black without the spare tires.. and electrocuted lol

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    believe me , it will always be holland. you wont hear them chant "Netherlands".

omg! now that dude needs a shave lol really funky indeed

[​IMG]

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
  18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    this is the possible team for holland btw :D some say its a B team, i say its not! :)

Van der Sar
    Melchiot Heitinga Bouma De Cler
    De Zeeuw Engelehaar
    Affelay v Persie Robben
    Huntelaar

19. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Will be good to see Huntelaar getting a game, been waiting to see him since the start of the tournament :p

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ah not mechiot and vd sar playing but boularouz and stekelenburg.
    hopefully they will still make it 3-0 or so

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.