EU Rules that Microsoft can Purchase Bethesda

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 8, 2021.

1. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Microsoft despite of Xbox, never felt like gaming company.. they will bury Bethesda, because they will kill creativity..

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    So, when Bethesda bought Fallout from Interplay...creativity increased or decreased?

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    If TES 6 only releases on Windows Store then RIP modding the fixes in.

itpro likes this.
  4. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    They are not really , they are a service company really, that said gaming is the number 1 reason windows have such marketshare in the pc platform . What i believe is that if they suddenly drop directx and only vulkan or a new api is the unquestionable go to api then windows marketshare will start shrinking and gradually a lot more people will migrate to linux distros etc. So in my mind is in their best interest to keep windows the almost undisputed king when it comes to gaming.

Richard Nutman likes this.

5. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    This view is dream of Linux users (or more likely Linux admins + coders, which deeply want to see desktop linux as good alternative to Win or Ma OS, but in reality it is just good training for their main work and problem generator..). Even without games desktop Linux just sucks a lot, because some old terminal commands, text configs, inability to create good gui wizards and other 197x Unix philosophy mess.
    Thant's is reason desktop Linux will not ever work, unless some big philosophy twist.. in other hand Android could work as Desktop OS and would be real alternative.. but Google has other priorities than port it to Desktops... Yes and know Android x86 + Lineage OS ,im using them, but they are too small and has to many issues to make break on the market.

6. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    It will come at steam a year later. You should just wait two years for mods.

tfam26 likes this.
  7. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    if windows loose the undisputed gaming king status ... things can change ... anyone want to get into the os arena right now does not dare too ...who can go against windows +dx ? that said linux has a lot of things that i wish windows will adapt ...like packages ....i am a newbie at linux and been years since the last time i had dual boot i was determined to use windows just for gaming ...but i was rebooting to get to windows to game and then i was too bored to change back .... till eventually i stopped bothering .

8. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Exactly. Even Sony is dancing a little with PC ports at this point

And playing an Elder Scrolls at launch without years of modding buildup is like eating raw chicken from the market.

itpro likes this.
  9. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Im using Linux for almost 20 years, but its not so simple.. Linux problems are more fundamental, philosophical and technical.. its not 1 big thing. Linux is for free fine, but grey market Windows license is now $10 bucks or so... if you love Linux terminal tools, you already could use most of them on Linux with Windows Subsystem for Linux and similar.. Linux is clear winner for servers, because stupid MS licensing policy (way to expensive).. and even then Red Hat is leader, because its giving you MS way in Linux.. and admins actually love (paid) support and quality of services.

Venix likes this.
  10. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    hell windows are even free if you do not mind the watermark or you edit out the watermark ...on my 10 years old craptop i did not even bother ((i literally use it just as a video player on trips))

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    It changed with FO3, got better when they farmed it out to someone with a clue with FONV, nose dived with FO4 and then hit bedrock with FO76. Uh so decreased.

Here's the question, who's buying a console specifically to play a janky ass, out of date, buggy pile of Betheseda rubbish? Does MS even care about console sales aren't they more interested in Game Pass subs now and if the console sales no longer matter then wouldn't they make more money by selling the games on the PS5 anyway?