1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Code 43 - GT-730

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by SputNick, Sep 8, 2019.

1. SputNick

SputNick Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    Hey everyone, I recently received an Afox Nvidia GT-730 4GB-128bit graphics card, and I'm unable to get it to work on Windows 10 1903 or any previous Windows 10 built, the error I get is "Error Code 43" yellow triangle. My motherboard is ASUS H61M-k running latest BIOS version, my current graphics card GT-610 works just fine.

Things I've tried:

BIOS reset/reinstallation.
    Running DDU countless times trying different older versions than 391 each time.
    Disabled retrieving the driver from Windows servers.
    I don't have Lucid Virtu installed.

At best I get black screen during driver installation but nothing happens aftward (screen stays black) until I boot safe mode and run DDU again.

TIA!

2. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    It's an infamous issue and I don't think there ever was a guaranteed solution that worked for everyone.

Back when I had it, the only way I got a driver installed and working was via Device manager and choosing to search online for the best driver.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  3. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    Are you getting any video out of it? Like is it working on the microsoft generic display driver? Is it seated properly in the pci express slot? How about your power supply (300w is recommended minimum). Just some things to check. If it works fine with your other card, it may be a problem with the card itself.

4. SputNick

SputNick Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    Good questions!

It's being identified as Nvidia GeForce GT730.
    My power supply is Aerocool 650W
    The card is seated properly.
    I have tried drivers from both Afox which came on a DVD with the GPU and nVidia official drivers.

The fan on the GPU spins just fine btw. I am not considering to downgrade back to Windows 7 just to see if it works on Windows 7 and eliminate all "New OS old hardware" issues.

5. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    where did you get it from? not aliexpress or the like?

6. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    Clean the PCI express connector on the card with isopropyl and a cotton bud, then reseat.

7. SputNick

SputNick Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    Will try that although my other GT610 card works in the same slot.

8. SputNick

SputNick Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    It was bought from a local store 10 minutes away from me, I took the card to the same store and the owner insisted that the issue is on my end so I took the PC case with me on my second visit and of course the card didn't work there either despite his employee trying "everything he knows" so I kindly asked that I return it back because it looks like a defected card issue but he refused because he said I'm on Windows 10 forcing an old hardware to work on a new OS but my GT-610 which is older works perfectly fine. He also refused to give it a whirl on his test bench because he was too convinced it's my other hardware conflicting with the card.

9. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    So the gt 730 works insofar as it actually displays video on the screen, it just won't work with the drivers? Or are you hooked up to the onboard video looking at all this?

10. SputNick

SputNick Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    It displays video as in terrible resolution but the drivers won't work so i can get normal screen resultion.

11. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    Ok, that is what i needed to know. If it works at least on that level, you need to try some different drivers. It still may be the card, but that is a good sign. I would get samdrivers and let it install a driver that it likes for it. That is worth a shot. I have used several gt 730's on windows 10, so i doubt that win10 is your problem

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Have you considered checking if the card has the stock vBIOS installed? Might be that a previous owner tried playing with the card.

13. SputNick

SputNick Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    Just took a quick look at same-drivers, wow that's a massive drivers library. My Internet ISP where I'm now located now limits me to 8GB per day and the speed is only 4Mbit.

14. SputNick

SputNick Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    What exactly should i look for using GPU-Z to make sure i have stock BIOS? The card came boxed in a sealed package and it was not used by anyone before me.

15. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    On the card, not the motherboard.

16. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    the exact model number of your card will look something like this "AF730-4096D3L1"

what is it on your card?

17. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    TheDeeGee likes this.
  18. SputNick

SputNick Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    Yeah that's the driver version i've been working with. Tried it several times, each time using DDU of course, sadly, no luck so far.

19. SputNick

SputNick Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    $120! least dick turpin had decency to wear a mask when he robbed you.