Equivalent to Control Panel Frame Limiter in Older Drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by PapaJohn, Jan 17, 2021.

1. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 1080Ti
    Basically, it's a problem I'm having with Crash Bandicoot Nsane Trilogy.

It has a consistent stutter unless you set 60fps max in the Nvidia Control Panel. No other frame limiters seem to fix it.
    Unfortunately,I'm also having to use an older driver now as well for Resident Evil 7 as it has an HDR issue unless I use driver 436.48. With this particular driver the control panel frame limiter was not yet featured.

I've tried RTSS, Inspector V2 and V3 frame limiters but none seem to have the same effect on Crash Bandicoot stutter unless I use a modern driver and set 60fps in the control panel.

Is there an equivalent to the control panel frame limiter that I can utilise on this older driver 436.48 so I can still play RE7 and Crash Bandicoot when I want without having to keep installing different drivers?

Thanks

2. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    For 60fps:
    Frame Rate Limiter - 0xF0C0203C
    Frame Rate Limiter Mode - Limiter V2 - Force Off [Enables Limiter V1 (Less Input Lag)]
    [​IMG]

PapaJohn likes this.
  3. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070S
    You could use the Special K Mod Injector which has a Flip Model Presentation mode which when used with Waitable Swapchain and its built in frame limiter offers extremely smooth responses. For it to work effectively, the game has to be set to a borderless window mode first.

tfam26 and PapaJohn like this.
  4. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 1080Ti
    This worked perfectly, thank you so much.

5. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Have you tried nvidia driver 442.59? It is considered the best driver for Pascal GPU's for a lot of people now.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not.

7. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Whatever makes you be right.