Epic working on PC-exclusive game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by villa_youth, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I finished the beers a few hours ago, onto the Russian stuff now, been a long week lol.

Is it not abit early, is it not Sat afternoon where you are?

lucidus, grrr don't mention The Sims :bang: the other half asked me to buy her the new Diesel pack thing, £15 which seemed bad, but then i logged into Origin and it was less than 150mb download, wtf lol.
    Saying that, it keeps her occupied for hours every weekend, i might just be jealous i don't get that sort of value out of games:3eyes:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    There's no such thing as too early in this country.:) ^ Imagine what you could do with all that free time.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
  4. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570

So, basically: you're mad because the game doesn't suit your taste?
    Right.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Unreal Engine looking a bit different is a nice advancement in my opinion, many of the UE3 games looked fairly similar to one another with only a few exceptions and being able to do a streaming sandbox type city environment is also pretty nice compared to the different levels that UE3 did though later revisions handled streaming far better and some titles had fairly large maps although with horrible LOD scaling instead and delayed texture streaming.

Also seems they've improved AA (I don't quite remember but I think there's more than MLAA and FXAA now although I am uncertain - TXAA and SMAA maybe - MSAA might also be available since if they're doing DX10 or higher then that should be possible too.) and overall the visuals are quite sharp even if the artistic direction is more cartoon style than realism but I don't mind.

No doubt the later UE4 titles will make even more of the engine, probably especially if the next-gen consoles start arriving next year or so thus removing the current hardware limitations from the current console units, we'll see.

6. MfA

MfA Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    where is my cake :nerd:

7. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Gameplay footage - www.gametrailers.com/videos/b9cukj/fortnite-sdcc-12--panel-highlights--cam-

Graphically, it actually looks better than I expected and it shows a comparison between UE3 and UE4. Video also shows the building mechanics which seem very intuitive. It looks to me that this game is pretty much a high budget Minecraft with actual [proper] 3D graphics, which sounds great.

UE3:

[​IMG]

UE4:

[​IMG]

Bad quality, I know. The new Gametrailers website is pathetic, always plays in low quality and it can't be changed + offscreen footage :(

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gee I don't know about you guys but I find the art direction refreshing. I mean so many current gen games look way too similar .. in fact borderline identical!

9. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    This game looks like a lot of fun, reminds me of Terraria.
    Another title to look forward to :)

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    thanks for the link! laughed when he said goatse :D :D

seems to me of a combination of minecraft with cod zombie mod with teamfortress 2 graphics. the moving sky change made me laugh. deltaforce 3 already had that in 2000.
    cant wait till they create a different game with this engine though.

11. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Damn you! Im hungry now :(

Anyway, the game does kinda looks fun. So if we forgot for a second all the UE4 crap, and JUST evaluate the game for what it is (a game), looks kinda fun!

Though to be fair, I'd like a title akin to Dark Messiah with UE4. That would be cool.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Not meaning to be negative, but... I find nothing in this game to be interesting.
    I do enjoy a cartoonish art style, but, the concept and gameplay sound extremely boring to me.

But, then again, I could still be more then annoyed that Epic canned Bulletstorm 2 just to have PCF work on a new Gears of War game while Epic work on this.
    It's just... meh.

13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  14. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB
    Seriously, this looks like a Wii (not Wii U!) game. And since it's not an Indie developer, it probably features boring dumbed down new-school gameplay, a new-school rip off business model, while only the graphics look indie.

So basically, to me it looks like it's a game featuring only the worst from both worlds, "indie" and "AAA".

15. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB
    So much for a new Unreal Tournament....

16. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII 16 GB
    Goodbeye Epic, it's was nice to have had you arround....

(so much beautifull tech getting unused hurts me:bang: Life could be be so wonderfull "assaulting" Phobos with UE4, but it seems impossible... )

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Why on earth you would use your brand new engine debut for something this lame i dont know.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    God this game looks awful.

Annoys me to no end that Epic killed People Can Fly's planned "Bulletstorm 2", threw PCF on a new Gears game and then Epic started trying to pimp this pile around like some huge amazing game.

19. flut

flut Member

GPU:
    HD6870 Dual Fan
    hm maybe its time to stop fantasize about a new kind of unreal/quake like shooter on the new unreal engine and just start playing quake3 again. and i dont mean the original but the "free to play" version. i can tell u guys q3 is still one of the best fps, and this new free to play version is great (they upgraded the gfx etc, its a real HC FPS pc game), and theres a lot of people playing, meaning lot of competition..

here is the link: http://www.quakelive.com/#!home

see you in game ! ;) oh and sry for my crappy english lol

20. Unraveling

Unraveling Member

GPU:
    HD 7950@1000/1500
    i think game look really cool! i think orc must die+tf2+l4d? coop 4 players? please!