Epic Games Announces More Exclusives

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Epic Games announced added new games that will hot the Epic Games store. Some of the new exclusives include The Outer Worlds, Control, Industries of Titan, Beyond: Two Souls, Detroit: Become Human...

Epic Games Announces More Exclusives

TheDeeGee and tensai28 like this.
  2. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    This is great news. Would have been nice to see it on steam but at least I don't need to get a ps4 now.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/ubisoft-and-epic-games-have-announced-an-extension-to-their-agreement-additional-back-catalog-titles-from-ubisoft-are-confirmed-for-epic’s-free-games.106567/

https://www.apnews.com/Business Wire/b8e9b5975d434193b7932caa09d07924

Ubisoft even extended their support throwing in some discount and free games in the process from what I'm getting.
    Well it does free up 2019 a bit for backlog productivity (Oh shiny new game! :p ) and for these titles to actually be patched up and more playable when they do hit Steam...during a sale. Ha ha.
    (Well I was interested in Outer Worlds in particular but knowing Obsidian even post New Vegas and with Pillars yeah waiting isn't always bad.)

OnnA likes this.
  4. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    good news for epic and gamers who use there store but for me I will skip and go direct to Uplay or wait for steam I have so many games on uplay origin and steam I am not interested in using Epic I also disagree with games being exclusive a step back for pc gaming and I believe reduces competition

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I don't get their strategy. Why the hell would I as a customer want exclusives that are tied to a specific store, on PC of all places ? I could understand it if they were a publisher like EA or Ubisoft, but they're not and this approach makes me not want to even try their store in the first place.

I am very interested i Outer Worlds, but being forced into a platform isn't something I can support.

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Funny how people are pissed off due to various stores for their PC Games. Yet we buy our food, clothes etc at different stores as well and no one complaines about that.

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Well yeah but you can buy the same or largely the same thing in the other stores, bizarre comparison to make

I can't buy the near identical same game in another game store

8. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

This is great news indeed.
    Saves me a boat load of money as I will never purchase a game that is a paid timed exclusive on the epic store.
    I don't believe in this practice on PC and I will never support it. If you do support it, well, you were probably also part of the reason dlc is now
    an acceptable practice as well.
    Say all you want about Steam and their crap business practices. They don't have paid exclusives.
    Who would of thought that a PC First company would say bend over, eventually you will learn to love it.

You take away my choice, I take away your money.
    Thanks!

Duke Nil and ManuKey like this.
  9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Having more competition/stores is a good thing. Stores resorting to having paid exclusives is a bad thing... Lame move from Epic store.

10. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Well sh*t. :(

Wake me up when I can get it on GOG.

Duke Nil, ManuKey and Turanis like this.

11. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    To be fair, I wouldn't necessarily call Epic a "PC First" company. In the time od Gears of War, the upper management was quite hostile to PC releases and were pushing the (albeit failed) "games will be only on consoles" narrative that started with the advent of XB360 and the PS3.

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Most of these will no doubt be timed exclusives, but i can certainly see the point from the game devs side if Epic are throwing a boat load of free cash their way for nothing other than a staggered time released across other digital distribution, and if Epic wants to throw me a free bag of cash as well to make me buy from their store for a year i won't say no. lol

13. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    i dont get why people find this good at all?!?!?!
    its the exclusive Platform wars brought from consoles to PC..

not to mention the other stuff around it, how they accuire the games, privacy issues and more, you all read it, so i guess you know what im talking about..

Way to go and soooo Costumer friendly..

are u freaking kidding me?

edit: i removed one sentence that might have stepped one some toes..

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    ManuKey and Keitosha like this.
  14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Last time I checked, you're still playing a game on a PC. Also, Epic is a service not a platform as Steam is a Service and as UWP is a service. You can buy a game on Epic and still play it years later on a different PC without having to buy it again or wait for compatibility usually.

It's funny that people complained that Steam is holding the PC market and they have no real competition, to complaining about Epic which is possible to rival Steam.

TheDeeGee and Embra like this.
  15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    No need to try offend fellow forum users if someone has a different opinion then you.

PC is the open platform, which means everyone can release games and sign exclusivity deals. It also happens a lot more then on PC then you think. You wont see valve titles on any other client. they all are exclusive to steam. That seems to be OK for many , don't know why though if exclusivity is such a big deal. then we have stardock, origin, ubisoft, gamersgate, windows store and more that all have their exclusive titles

Enthusiast PC's have nothing to do with how games are sold. It is more a mindset how someone wants their games distributed rather.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Features primarily, security is another concern and then there's privacy which the recent data sniffing in Steam is not all that good for Epic's case.
    Pricing is also out if Epic is restricting things like (Licensed.) resellers such as Greenman Gaming and others, Linux is out entirely and Mac well maybe later.

Regional discount I think is improving but can still get better, their way of handling and acquiring these deals is also not something I like especially when in Metro and Outer Worlds case here the developers were notified just as the announcement came up and had no idea before that this was happening because the publisher took the decision on their own.

BetA likes this.
  17. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Thanks, i wanted to say something similar, how they handle the acquisicion of the Games and such, but i cant really write it down in words without anyone missunderstanding me, so thanks for this post, since its allmost the same what im thinking about this situation.. I just dont have the words for it to clearly state it..

Sorry if i stepped on anyones toes with my post before..

cheers

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Don't forget the main reason why this is happening.

70/30 vs 88/12

65/35 with UE even.

People are mad at Epic, but it's Steam which has caused this to happen.

19. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    That is in no way comparable to the current situation. A console exclusive requires specific hardware in order to play while launchers are free - if RDR2 only required a different launcher then I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

TheDeeGee likes this.
  20. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Yeah but only the dev is winning there.The product isn’t any cheaper than it would be on Steam and I’m stuck using a sub-par platform to play it from.
    Yeah Steam need to lower their cut but if I’m still paying the same price I’d rather spend it on the superior platform.

MonstroMart and ManuKey like this.