Epic already gave away over $2000 in games since the launch of its store

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 19, 2020.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    they're making billions off of Fortnite alone so I wouldn't worry. And it's not like they don't know what they're doing.

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Thanks for the tip, pretty nice, especially with development that allows for even more launchers to be integrated.
    Games that are not purchased from GOG still need their launchers installed thou, but at least it can shut those down after play.

3. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti/3090FTW
    I can attest to this. I have a $hit3 ton of games on there. Just got Control for $21.

Loving Epic games. Still not sure what all the hurt is about them. And yeah take them free games and say you won't buy any with "your" money. They still have you as their "member" regardless of how you look at it.

Maddness likes this.
  4. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    EPIC is like that kid in school that got bullied back in the day but now he won the lottery he throws party after party and lend ppl his new Ferrari but everybody knows once the money is gone nobody knows him anymore. ;)

H83 likes this.

5. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX980ti
    In my case it's rather amassing a huge pile of free games across all the competing platforms that I never play due to lack of time. The full consolidated collection on GOG Galaxy is now over 200 titles, and I've bought maybe 40, the rest were free.

6. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Strix OC
    Well, from my experience three is always better than two... - so bring it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    G*addict and yasamoka like this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Nope, same stuff.

EGS and Steam are literally the same client, the steam edition is even bundling EGS dll's now.

In the case the rockstar launcher cannot log in, the game will eventually start and then throw up a dialog that you can't even do anything with apart from Quit.

8. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Member Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    I have no idea why people attack Epic's business decisions while buying hardware from intel/AMD/nvidia.

Interesting freebies are nice
    but I would not be able to live with myself if I start pollution their income with my toxic money! To be honest, I would not be sure if that was my money to begin with because buying with a card few times is a suspicious fraudulent activity!

9. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT73VRE TITAN
    How it works is they wine you and dine you before they fack you

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  10. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    and what did that actually cost epic? I wonder why a hardware store wouldn't do this...

competition is great and I have enjoyed wwz but I just see no point in yet another store/launcher for me, I'm angry enough at that uplay thing showing up every time I launch siege or for honor and having to close it from the notification area after I get bored

as for piracy still being a thing when the stuff is "free" well here's a thing, a few months ago I gifted gta v to my cousin's steam account and he is now enjoying it there but also kept the pirated version to play singleplayer because it loads faster & 100% reliable with no possible hiccups, so thats probably why