1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Energy Efficient PSU ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by strad, Sep 5, 2008.

1. strad

strad Banned

GPU:
    8800GT | Samsung 244T 24"
    Does anybody know which is the most energy efficient PSU ?

I'm looking at ways of reducing my electric bill (and my carbon footprint) and suspect that my Hiper Type R 580W may not be the most efficient unit out there.

Any suggestions ?

2. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  3. Fear_Of_Dreams

Fear_Of_Dreams Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB (capless)
    I suggest any of the Antec EA or HE series. They are really good power supplies. 80+%.

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 380 4gb
    List of 80%+ PSU's:
    http://www.asisupport.com/80+_new_list.htm

BTW. I can see you have SyncMaster 244T, is it Pivot model? Having any problems with it when monitor gets hot? Pivot beeing way too sensitive?

5. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    I think the Enermax Modu82+ is one of the most efficient lines there is.. Averaging 82-85% efficiency.

6. Kollunz

Kollunz Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 5870
    Get anything with a 80+ sticker on the box.

7. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    well the Hiper Type-R 580 in your system and on UK mains power is probably ranging between 75 and 80 percent efficient depending on the load you have on it at the time. The new CoolerMaster Ultimate is putting up the best efficiency numbers at the moment...the 700W version would run about 90% efficient for you. Dunno if they are available in the UK yet or not though...a 600ish watt version would work better for you but 700 is the smallest they make. The efficiency curve on the CM Ultimates is very flat across the load range compared to other units but whatever you get you can get the best efficiency with it by matching it to your system (calculate your loads and amount of time spent at those loads and insure that your PSU isn't operating far off the peak of it's efficiency curve for long periods of time).