Empire: Total War Very bad perfonmance

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by juampii, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    Are you saying the early drivers (181.22) will fix my issue?

I mean why should I have to roll back these nice new drivers just so one laggy bug ridden game can load!

Im extremely tempted to just uninstall the damned thing and load the demo and see if that works any better.

2. Torch'em

Torch'em Member

GPU:
    3 x 480GTX
    I found those the best for it to run. Yes, the game is buggy and so on . The last patch help it on my system heeps.

3. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    Is there anyway the game will run with the latest drivers?

Ok so I ran the demo, and guess what? Same graphical corruption on startup as the full game...

So I have no idea what to do at this point. I suppose I could try rolling back drivers but really I should not have to as every other game I run works beautifully.

I'll just let this buggy mess sit on the scrap heap until they figure out a way to be compatible with current drivers as all GOOD games should.

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  4. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X
    I'm running the game with Nvidia beta driver 185.81, which is the latest, and it runs alright. (not great or even OK, just alright.).
    But really, I've gone bac to Fallout 3 and M2TW until this game is actually mature. Becasue right now it's more alike a Beta than an actual release.
    :puke2: