Empire: Total war thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by proliferazor, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    cool! thanx

by the way i want LORD OF THE RING MOD! Goblins orcs etc :p

2. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    You've got to be kidding. :3eyes: The Total War series is all about historical accuracy. If you want goblins and orcs, go play Battle for Middle Earth.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    WHy? u judge my liking? i want orcs as british army, i want Goblins as France. i want it and u have nothing to stop my WILLING.

Dont u know there is a LOTR mod for previous TOTAL WAR games?

http://www.google.com.tr/search?q=t...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-lord-of-the-rings-total-war

So know u learned it. iam not the only one on this planet who wants to command armies of evil!:)

Empire:TW has new game engine so wanting a LOTR mod for this is good. iam sure we will see new LOTR mod too!

4. Knighthawk1234

Knighthawk1234 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI8800 GTS 640mb
    Wow everytime I hit start game i get CTD!! Any ideas?

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Do u use SLI? i read something about(infact i read manything about CTD in steam forums) steam forums. check them mate.

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
  7. Knighthawk1234

Knighthawk1234 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI8800 GTS 640mb
    no sli here. It seems that there is a bug with nvid. 8xxx cards. Steam forum posts with ctd all have 8800 and up cards. sega just now found out about nvidia i guess.

8. specvtuner

specvtuner Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RADEON HD 5850
    I also am having problem with running ETW on my 9800 GX2. I have read on one of the many support forums that someone recommends the 181.22 drivers. I just downloaded them and I'm going to install them when I get home...fingers crossed, hopefully no more complete system hangups/crashes.

9. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    I'm happy to say I haven't suffered any crashes and have just completed my first long campaign as the British.

I'm sad to say this game is broken, no naval invasions means Britain cannot possibly be defeated. Take the whole of the caribbean, no one will come to take it back lol.

CA are working on a fix but until then I'm gonna shelve Empire. Hope it's fixed soon though.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i bought Medieval II: Total War from STEAM too..damn good game man..i loved it...and visuals r not bad...i wish there was a way to make it HQ visuals...

11. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    theres a broken crescent mod thats good if u want to play as the seljuks/rajputs/armenians.

turks are my favourite in medwar2. janissarys are deadly combined with horse archers and naffatun to protect your castles...

turks in etw dont seem as good..have started 4 times now as turks and fail cos i try and wipe out the georgians who are pretty tough nuts. plus the forces u have in eastern europe are pitchfork wielding peasants. dont stand up to musket firing austrian infantry well.

i am playing on very hard mind u. i will crack it. oh and dont place any soldiers in front of the organ gun! (disastrous results)

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Haha lol. i will look for that MOD..And in the latest times of Ottomon Empire, Turks were abit unpowered but still defended the country with the lack of supply but just the willing. Anyway lets keep it ontopic because few racist people may start some flaming around.

On the other hand pls help me about medieval II. i want to start a new game with Turks but its not there..wtf? its locked i guess. how can i UNLOCK it? i dint Google yet but iam sure i may find..but maybe u know a shorter way ;)

And i sitll didnt touch the EMPIRE:TW alot..just finished act 1 and no signs of Turks, if there is Turks in Grand campaign?. Or must start custom game for it?

and i will keep in mind the tip about organ gun lol :D. i wonder what it is :nerd: .i am noob of TW games.

13. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Ottoman Empire. Turkey was founded after the fall of the Ottoman Empire in 1923.

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    hehe i dont tell my gf that i like playing as the turks. she's armenian and might not like it. shuuush!

but 2 plays as the turks/moors/etc u need to play as one of the starting nations e.g england and do a short campaign. (will take u less time). when u have won you will unlock the other nations.

theres a mod that lest u play as the mongols/papacy. but atm i would be carefull with mods. they dont like steam and i cant find a fix for a couple i tried. (u could just find a mod to unlock all the factions for medwar2..but its 50/50 as to if it works or not).

when u get bored of medwar 2 at least i can help u play broken crescent. (huge map of the middle east).

the smoke and blood mod and sound mod for etw is great. blood from musketfire...

the organ gun is awesome! and also theres a huge cannon the turks use. 64lb i think...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Thanx for great advices and informations. Pleasure to meet with u also :)

i will look for the things that u talk about ;). see u around :)

16. specvtuner

specvtuner Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RADEON HD 5850
    Well the 181.22 drivers seem to work for me...played a few battles in RTI last night no crashes or hangups requiring a restart. Those drivers seem to run rather poorly causing the game to hangup during battles every few minutes. Which is annoying when I'm trying to give my troops orders...I guess its better than having my whole system lockup...

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
  18. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    Just finished the Road to Independence campaign and completely annihilated the British, Iroquois and the Cherokee in the process. I had the French and Dutch as allies and everyone in theatre besides my enemies as trading partners. I ended up winning in 1802 and my treasury over the last 7 years never dipped below 20k per turn. I don't know what I did right but it's awfully hard to repeat in the Conquer the World campaign. lol

19. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    How's the learning curve on this game? I'm a married man with a youngster and time is at a premium.

20. morfeus02

morfeus02 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GOOD
    i find it really boring compaired to medieval 2

+ the end turn function takes too long..... i don't want to see the movements of all the 400000000000 factions -.-" it takes like twice the time of medieval 2

naval battles are beautifull but hard to handle (nearly impossible with lots of ships)

ground battles are boring compaired to medieval 2

i don't like the new settlement management functions
    loading times can get really huge

that's my opinion XD

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009