Empire: Total war thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by proliferazor, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I get more crashes post patch then pre. Awesome.

2. fATHI

fATHI New Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 260 Core216 SLI
    Me too...
    "It's fu**in annoying" - Nico Bellick

3. fATHI

fATHI New Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 260 Core216 SLI
    That should be a picture

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  4. karvanekonn

karvanekonn Active Member

GPU:
    gigabyte 9600 gt
    lol i seriously hope that it's not your computer in your profile..

5. fATHI

fATHI New Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 260 Core216 SLI
    hehe, **** happens

6. fATHI

fATHI New Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 260 Core216 SLI
    [​IMG]

this one is correct

7. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 Ultra
    F**k, F**k, F**k!!!!

I was in the middle of a biggest battle so far (almost 10,000 troops) and the game crashed when I was just starting to win! Damn, seriously I'm starting to think to download games from warez. At least I won't regret spending $54 for unfinished software. BTW, recent update did sh*t.

8. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Ive been playing it all day... Started a grand camp as GB. Managed to do the mission for converting the 12 nations to my nation and establish a stronghold in india. The grand camp war theater is really laggy and in the damm battles units that are matching through an open area would just randomly disapper.

9. rayzorz

rayzorz Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680
  10. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Well, so far no problems for me :) no crashes or anything, can't wait to try this on my desktop, lol.. I'm having to play it on low detail on my lappy.

11. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    I'm liking it so far too, using the Russians and slowly conquering Eastern Europe and Sweden is about to go down. lol

12. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    what takin nvida so long on the driver :/

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    iam new to game. and had first crash yesterday after 2 hourws of gaming in campaign screen. game runs very smooth. just SSOA (or what ever it is) kills performance. @ 1680*1050 i can even use 2x aa and 4 x AF, SHADOWS medium, other enabled to max. mostly decent frame rate. very good game. i lpved it. before i was thinking game was crap but game rcks.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    there is another patch due out sometime this week.

i think a patch a week is pretty good especially after past tw games when they took forever.

15. kapo

kapo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    The smoke mod is very cool. I would recommend everyone try it. I'm not sure why we had to mod that in it seems like a pretty obvious omission..shooting all those muskets and cannons leaves a ton of smoke. You should see the puckle gun with all that smoke...you cant even see through it all!

The guy made a new thread for it here btw http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237405

You no longer need to unpack the .pack files just download it and stick it in the data folder.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009

16. Knighthawk1234

Knighthawk1234 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI8800 GTS 640mb
    I'm downloading the game now. I was wonder, how long is the single player? And will my system to the side still play it ok? I don't mind turning things down if needed. Thanks guys.

17. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    The single player is really long (with alot of replayability) and your system should be fine. :) Have fun!

18. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Should be able to run it fine.... Only problems i have is some slight lagg in the theater and the occasional slow load to an engagement.

Singleplayer ???
    Well i have not done road to independence yet but ive been playing the grand campaign for quite a while. Im doing world domination so its quite long.

Been playing as the british and so far ive managed to get the 12 nations to join my nation. Ive connquered most of the punjab in India. Ive also managed to take france, spain and portugal.

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    meh every time i go to play this i think wahey then bam i get "out of video memory" message or unspecified error.

my chap 4 american campaign just went tits up 2. austrians are going strong...just took ankara and the poles are trying to be annoying and will soon be crushed. once palestine is mine the barbary states will be next..(my austrians need a tan :) )

tried playing as turks but so far can never get any money and georgia is huge pain in the ass.

but its spoilt by bugs so gonna wait for the patch and the next nvidia driver. really crap u have to wait a month most likely before the game gets fixed.

giving med war 2 a go...broken crescent mod is good fun. but i think steam is buggering up my other mods..(fkoc and scots mod)

so if anyone knows about mods for med war 2 and kingdoms pls pm me.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ouch my gimpy system handles it fine other than when i try and merge units in an army (stack depleted units) it causes a ctd, and if i get reinforcments in naval battles and i try to use the reinforcements at all by clicking on them ctd. hopefully fixed in this weeks patch kinda annoying but not unwork aroundable.