Empire: Total war thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by proliferazor, Mar 2, 2009.

1. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Anyone else getting flickering shadows at all? seems when i move the camera they turn on and off.

On a side note managed to get to 1731 with prussia with no crashes, and canister shot and rank fire kick ass :)

And having a second rate ship of the line next to a galley when it blows up is not good =(

2. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Well another crash, and if this corrupts my save im throwin my PC out the window, im on turn 80 summat with Great Britain, and if it's gone ill cry :(

3. Pete1989

Pete1989 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4870
    Does yours not have autosave on? Mine saves at the beginning for every turn. Iv had around 5 crashes so far but iv only ever lost 1 turn.

Check out the blue :)
    [​IMG]

4. okano666

okano666 Active Member

GPU:
    480GTX SLI 800/1600/2K
    YES !!

flickering shadows >.<

have to turn shadows off, and my the game runs so much better. Theres definatly something wrong with nvidia drivers and shadows on the 200 series of cards. Cos its apparent on a few games not just ETW, just it stands out loads on ETW!

Turn them off anyway it will run loads better

5. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    The wierd thing is it doesn't happen all the time, just at odd times, but yeah i just turn em off, annoyin as hell.

Anyway less about glitches more about the game, has anyone figured out how to counteract clamour for reform, or is it just a case of more schools=more pissed off polulace?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  6. nasredinho

nasredinho Member

GPU:
    gtx 285 sli
    you need to start update everytime when you see update, double click again

7. warrior

warrior Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 295GTX 1792
    Just a of nice image from Empire TW with Ultra settings during a sea battle...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  8. Boifido

Boifido Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260 SLI
    I can't play Empire in SLI mode, whenever I load a 3d segment of the game (Grand campaign map, battles) it's locks up. I can move my mouse around for the first 5 seconds of the lock up and then it and the sound freeze and I have to hard reset my computer. I've used multiple drivers from 181.71 to 182.08, and nothing makes a difference.

9. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950

update directx, use driver 181.22, and the settings I posted earlier. Still no dice? Drop your overclocks, double check all temps and run memtest and CPU burn in with error checking.

10. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Just started the chapter 3 road to independence, i took ny then move my army up to fallmouth, the sneaky britsh sent a small army around me to boston, I had nothing but a few units of MOBs but I managed to hold on, killed there regiment of red coats by using the streets as cover to attack them from all sides it came down to crowding my last few troops around a garissoned building, man what a small but amazingly good battle
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009

11. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    That is one of the reasons why I love this game. I just started a campaign as prussia and everyone declares war on me :wanker:

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Guys, its also available here on local market. and cheaper than STEAM price. anyway. what if i buy that DVD version, will i able to activate it from STEAm? or let me ask, even if i loose DVD, i can downlaod from STEAM and play hu? thanx.

iamn sure this answer is on net but u all it already better than me.

13. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    If you don't have a steam account just create one, as yes you will need one to play Total war. As long you register the game to your account it will always be available via the steam account, even if you lose the CD.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i have a steam account and more than 50 games in it :p..i already purchased DVD version. and its 4 month payment at cash price. good deal.45 dollars / 4 = sweet.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

16. Pete1989

Pete1989 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4870
    Patch has been installed, see if its made any difference.

17. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    185.26 driver runs SLI you should make a profile for it though.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Haven't actually noticed this myself but ATI cards have problems with this game and SSAO when anti-aliasing is enabled, specifically it'll disable the SSAO effect.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...-with-SSAO-on-Radeon-graphics-cards/Practice/

Driver related probably, might be fixed for the 9.3 drivers though it'll be a close call for that to happen so I'm more inclined to a hotfix release or the 9.4 drivers.
    (Unless the drivers are delayed from say the 20th to the 28th or something similar to give more time for testing and such stuff, just because a driver is released on the 23rd - as a example - doesn't mean the driver was created that day as WHQL certification and similar takes a bit of time.)

EDIT:
    Oh and here's some modifications.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=651

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I get more crashes post patch then pre. Awesome.

20. fATHI

fATHI New Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 260 Core216 SLI
    Me too...
    "It's fu**in annoying" - Nico Bellick