Empire: Total war thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by proliferazor, Mar 2, 2009.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    gah fffing steam...

yep in the demo i noticed lowish fps with a 295. i'm hoping its different to the real version.

looks like another 295 issue.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    lol man true. Well. not too much time to be unlock or what ever. Thanx for the links.

3. Bani

Bani Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800 GTX
    Although I have a soft spot for the medieval games, the naval battles in Empire sure makes up for it.

Time to start preparing for at least 14 days of "Total lack of social presence" :)

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    so i have the game. and cant play it. why?

because even though i have physical copy bloody steam wont let people install and play it till official launch day which is i think is tomorrow.

how many people will play this online? not many. its mostly single-player offline.

so why does steam have to be involved? i think this is stupid and outrageous and very annoying.

perhaps the companies like play.com and game shouldnt send out peoples copies until STEAM are ready.

warhammer 40k was spoiled by unecessary u must log into windows live etc...and then goto marketplace etc bollocks.. what a colossal pain in the ass steam is.

medieval 2 total war was fine without steam so why on earth they change. they obviously sold out. shame.

grrr hope the game is good :)

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    This is how it's always been with Steam titles, even if you get the actual disc earlier than intended you need to need to pass verification and normally that means two things one being installing and then logging in to Steam where you enter the serial number as a proof of purchase and to tie the game to your account.

The second check is for the release date and usually means that Steam checks your current region and then country to determine release date and possible restrictions. (US or EU region with various countries having different release dates and for example the German version might be cut due to violence and countries like France and Italy get access to the correct localized content depending on settings in the Steam program and more specifically which language you use for it.)

You can actually opt to skip all this and just unpack the archive files directly but that violates the EULA as you have to alter a few files and also have to break the Steam based protection and as such it's considered illegal.
    (Unpacking the files are probably fine but bypassing the protection is definitively not.)

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yeah nvm. patience!

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    I do understand however that it must be pretty annoying having to wait while you already have the actual game just because some restriction is preventing you from activating the game, this is a pretty common issue for SecuROM online verification protected titles and also for Steam when a store starts selling copies earlier than intended or a pre-order arrives ahead of schedule, bit unfortunate but it seems you won't have to wait that long in this case. :)

8. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    FFS all these big titles are going with steam security. I absoulty hate steam! its always got some kinda problem like now it says cannot contact steam master servers so i can't play DOW II. Even Deus Ex 3 has gone to steam. Is there a way to play steam games offline?

9. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    I don't know why you are all complaining about not being able to play the game. Its release day (for Europe at least) is tomorrow. Just because you have the disc now doesn't change the fact that the game releases tomorrow. Be mad at the stores for giving them to you early. ;)

ps. I have the game too and I want to play! :p

10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    ok but if it were a non-steam game you would be playing it now no? pre-order is a waste of time really...

but yeah its no biggy. looking forward to it. gonna go have a peek at what nations to play..

perhaps something involving elephants :)

gets worse If you have purchased Empire as a digital download...

"You will be able to activate your digital copy and play Empire on Tuesday 3rd March from 18:00 CET / 09:00 PST.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009

11. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Ive decided not to buy the game since its running from steam. Ive spent all day to day googling and trying to find a solution as to why steam is stuck @ "Connecting steam account".

None of the solutions work and the tech support is useless. Most answers are to delete the client Registry Blob and restart steam but none of which seems to work. After deleting the client reg blob its stuck at "cannot contact steam network". I have a wired connection and no i dont have any recently installed programmes, updates or hardware. The only clue i have left is that the nivida network controller is messing it up so tryed to update that but no luck. Ive wanted to play this facking game for so long and now i cant thanks to the facktards who decided to make it steam based.

12. rayzorz

rayzorz Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680
    You have probably thought about this already, but do you have a firewall that's blocking steams internet access?:p

13. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    No :3eyes:

14. rayzorz

rayzorz Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680
    and you've checked router settings as well? If you're using a router that is.
    I'm sorry, just trying to help you know:p

15. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    yes i did configure my router for steam and sorry its just very very fustrating that so many games are going steam based when they know to well that there is a large part of users out there that have alot of problems with steam. Im just angry at steam beacuse i had another programme like steam called impulse that i never ever had any problems with.

Have you seen the list of programmes that can interfear with steam? Its endless.

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i dont blame u. but the total war series is my favourite. so am stuck with it.

although i did use steam to buy football manager 09 and it has been a great buy.

sergio aguero is maradona re-born lol.

17. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Ummm Steam unlocked it for me at 6pm. I've been playing it for hours! It is fantastic. The long load times have been fixed, it runs even better than the demo and the gameplay is just amazing. And as its pc exclusive they even have a quicksave function again! CTRL + S is quicksave, and CTRL + L is quickload! Yay for PC games. I would suggest trying the Road to Independance campaign first. It starts off small and slowly builds up and shows you how the game is played. I started a grand campaign and it was so large, and so much to do I decided to take it slow and learn the game to properly enjoy it. And so far it worked. I LOVE IT!

18. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Wish I could play or atleast start my download... since the preload was a flat lie, and the USA has to wait until 3am for the game to unlock it seems I won't be playing the game until Thursday or Friday. :(

19. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    every total war game had that function :?

damn u!, im jealousy now.

I guess that ill have to finish DoW II till it comes xD

20. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    if they make a RTS based on WW2 i am so getting it, i am sick of COD and MOH
    something like: World: Total War