Empire: Total war thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by proliferazor, Mar 2, 2009.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    dunno about epic fail that is pushing it, games been running ok for me since launch other than one or two patches that broke the campaing in later turns. latest patch diplomacy is greatly vastly improved. but atm i am getting a ctd with one of my ports when i click on it, not sure if it is one of my mods or the latest patch causing it.

2. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    ive not played it since i bought it months ago. shame as i love the total war series but this release was a joke. Im still playing rome total war lol so much better.

wish i had just downloaded it to try it and then wait to buy it now while its all cheap.

not worth the £39.99 i paid!!! :(

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i agree with u! medwar2 and third age mod is great. looking forward to a few more mods coming soon...

one set in ancient japan. and one in ancient britain so i get to play as the kingdom of powys where some of my ancestors are from!

"Recent research suggests that Powys is the happiest place in the UK[4]" hehe they must be all drunk (taken from wiki)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    i have all the total war games...but i think the best one is medievil 2 for immersion and deployment of (effective) men...i think the time period and weapons makes it like this

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ohh about time thats only been promised since before the game was out. but i wonder how they going to handle multiplayer campaigns period since a full campaign can take days.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  9. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    1.6 released today, Fixed my issue with everything dissapearing on the map. Also has alot of AI tweaks and other stuff, can't find a proper change log tho.

10. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    So I just got the game. never played Total War before, complete newbie....... I have the 1.6 patch installed via Steam........ I am so lost trying to figure out how to manage a battle scene. lol....

BTW....... I know there are trainers out there to give you unlimited $$ or somethign like that........ Can anyone point me to one that works with version 1.6 ? thanx

And yes.......... I know....... I suck.... lol

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    does anyone play ETW anymore ??? So many things I can't figure out.........

14. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    make your own cheat? Or you could not a pussy and play without cheats.

:puke2: :stewpid: :bang:

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    oh just play the game you will figure stuff out and start on easy ofc :) I had problems with money at first but i played and played started to build so i had money and made troops to conquer more area to get more money and developing new stuff

16. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    nope not at all, rome total war ftw!!!

17. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    I think you would be better off with Napoleon Total War as Empire still has quite a lot of issues which will never be fixed, the AI is terrible too.

You may not like the idea of a European only campaign in Napoleon as its on a smaller scale but believe me once you're far into the game (assuming its not crashing a lot) the turns take ages and its hard to manage everything effectively.

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    I'm all about the American Colonies so therefore ETW would be the game for me.

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    I am a scoundrel. I agree. I really just want to watch the colonial armies fight each other movie style and not have to actually manage things, which is why i was curious about the trainers......... but none of them seem to work. lol

20. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    So I also got the Empire Gold Pack with Napolean. I really just play the single battle scenarios. I'm not a campaigner. Having a lot of fun with it. I def think that Napolean should have been an addon for Empire. The 2 are just so similar. But still very enjoyable.