Empire:Total War demo on Steam

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blownapart, Feb 20, 2009.

1. blownapart

blownapart Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 900/1200
    Ready to download now...:)

2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Thanks for the headsup, naval battles ftw!

[EDIT] the download speed is awful, < 100 KB/S :sleep2:

This is gonna take a while!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    wow thanx man.

4. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    checking time xD

time to install steam again :/

downloading at 300kb, nice, down to 50kb/s :(

thnks!

i hope naval battles r better than imperial glory boredom :nerd:

5. vipk

vipk Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4890 1 Gb
    Man this is taking me forever. I can't believe it wasn't released through other means but steam.

Ok, just now my speed jumped to 900 Kb/s so no more complaining if it stays that way :)

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    DL 14kbs DAMN WHy!!!!!!

7. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Yes, finally. A demo. Woohoo.

8. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Dam this download is like a yoyo, up and down and up and down, so much for steam!.

And god dam not being able to select downloading it to a different drive/folder, i just had to move Crysis onto my e: drive to make space for the demo, i can't beleive after all these years steam still can't install onto other drives when the main one the steam folder is on is full.

9. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Woohoo! Back up to 950 kb/s from about 40/s haha. Can't wait.

edit: Sea battles are pretty cool, nice graphics, fun fights once you get into position.

anyone else finding it hard to get into the land battles though? Takes time to get used too I guess, though its annoying when melee fights just kind of bounce off eachother...I hoped they had improved that from the previous games.

10. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    wtf I can't even get the download started o_O

edit restarted steam doing much better now :D

11. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    970GTX
    does it use dual cores? or just single core?

:S; some1 else getting 5min load times? :S

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    load times are hella long for sure. had a crash like 5 minutes into my 1st land battle. oh well it is s demo hopefully the full game has some bug fixes and them load times reduced.

13. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    sli causes corruption probably needs a driver update and should be fine, it runs fine on jsut one of my gpus with 4aa 16af and every option on and ultra settings,1920 1080 heres some pics

gameplays great so far

downsized
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    970GTX
    yea gameplay rules, finally units react to your commands, hated how units behave in old mtw, with 3years to move each group if you change the command, ones "hitting" each others etc... i love this gameplay, and graphics seem cool to, its like age of empires microing with total war engine, my dream ^_^

Requeriments-wise... i suposse that near to mtw2, i can run at 1280x1024 without AA everything at max, with SSAO off and shadows on medium (i can handle ultra, but well, i see no difference), considering its a demo... i suposse performance will improve, at least mtw2 did improve A LOT.

Specially hardware shadows, way to save cpu :p (I think?)

Overall, great game, my pre-opinion was very good before trying it, and it seems that i was right :p

also sea battle seems good, at least cpu doesnt run 24/7 like in imperial glory -_-

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i finally got the combat game to play without crashing, 2 times in a row crash 3rd time i got to play it. combat is good the AI is better i won in a close fight. tho it might be we think the ai is better because the combat and units are vastly different compared to the old games lol i dunno alot of people are reporting close battles with the computer.

graphics are the best of the series by miles of course game looks darn good animations look darn good the sea battles look gorgeous.

the bad thing, i guess depending on your tastes, is the sea combat is way amped up, if you are a purist it will bug some. the boats especially the big ones are way too fast and all boats turn more like sports cars rather than sail powered war vessels.

it is a balance tho if the sea part of the game was too realistic battles would take ages, plus if the wind/sail dynamic was too real the built in ai i imagine would struggle, plus it would make micromanaging your fleet more necessary. rather than telling your one ship focus there that ship focus there and etc.

i am sure purists will be frustrated by the sea combat alot are picking it apart in the total war forums but i can see why they made it the way is. plus i am sure people will be modding the game for a more hardcore sea experience at some point anyway.

load times i hope are much improved in the full game tho.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    LONG loading times? let me eat this with my 8GB!

Q: but mrbigtime, people say LONG time. u already have 667MHZ lock..u will have LONG times too
    A: well, without trying the demo its hard to say but the 2 person i read the comment about LONG LOADING times have 2GBs which already outdated for gaming todays games. and they use PAGEFILE. let me EAT this game with my 8Gb without PAGEFILE

PS:; PAGEFILE issue is matter of game..company hero─▒es and the witcher r the only games so far ASKS for @ least 16Mb pagefile..rest? KICK ASS!

17. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    My system locks up everytime I start a game. It will play the audio of the tutorials for example, but crazy flashes and then the system is frozen. Anyone play this on Windows 7?

18. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Argh f**k, arse, all the swear words under the earth this AND the tf2 scout update have come out whilst my graphics card is broken- I am raging

19. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    You know as much as i hate steam it might not be a bad idea to buy some shares with steam. First they decided to make DOW II a steam based game beacuse patching was alot easier for them and now Empire total War.

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Downloading it now, almost 6% left to go. Download speed is incredibly slow which is very unusual for Steam.