Elon Musk's nonsense continuously busted by Thunderf00t

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by UnrealGaming, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    No one is getting banned.

You can all have an opinion of Elon Musk.

Here is mine; the man takes risks, some of them land, some of them crash, so far he is winning.

FlawleZ, MaCk0y, Airbud and 2 others like this.
  2. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    I don't stay up late at night thinking about Elon Musk...

May I suggest RedTube?

Just saying.

3. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Neither do I. This isn't even 0.000000001% of things in this universe i care about or find interesting. And you're just continuing to post irrelevant nonsense. In which i'm infinitely less interested in. So, stop taking away from my RedTube time, thx.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  4. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Maybe not as bulletproof or as well researched as some of thunderf00t's stuff, but an interesting watch. He's an og tech tuber i check every now and again.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I wonder if people think Elon Musk actually made Tesla. He is a great business person tho. Investing in Tesla early on basically taking it over having people and govt put money into it for years on end even though it wasn't profitable even in the least.

Got his dumb af underground driving thing to Vegas least effective thing for only rich people. Space X is pretty viable especially with NASA involved.

But yeah he has more hits but something will stick when you throw enough stuff out.

6. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    If the media were critically examining his claims and results, all these years, He pretty much would've been a joke by now. Instead, they used him for sensational headlines and Elon used them to pump his stock and image. And at this point he is his own media, with almost 70 million followers on twitter.

Unlike Theranos tho, the one insanely inflated stock of His, is of a company with a working product - tesla cars. And you could argue they've made some wild and potentially dangerous claims about the cars and their self-driving capabilities as well. Which thunderf00t points out.
    Also Ironically, the reason They turned profit this year, is because they bought Bitcoin. Even tho Bitcoin devs, people building products around bitcoin and people who know what're actually talking about, quickly figured him out to be a joke.
    And at this point he just occasionally tweets about dogecoin, a joke, zombie project for years, running old bitcoin code with known vulnerabilities, which He pretty much resurrected by mentioning it to his tens of millions of followers, over the last year or so.
    Watching all of this unfold over the years has been very amusing.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Take any entrepreneur billionaire in the world and you could make a case against them by digging out all their flaws and amplifying them. Bill Gates has a massive hate club too.

8. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Maybe, but you gotta look at the context. All of the Elon stuff is interesting and entertaining because of a specific amount of sensationalism in the media, over the last decade or so. If he was some rich guy, relatively in the background, testing his wild ideas in his back yard and running an electric car business, none of this would be a thing.

Just like Theranos stuff wouldn't be a thing, If they just tried to make a blood tester in some lab, it failed, they never went public with it or hyped anything up.

And I get it, there's only so many hours in a day and not everyone's gonna be following the same stuff, or find the same things interesting and entertaining. I thought some people on a tech forum would and clearly some do.

9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The two sad things are that people not only believe that but they also believe that he single-handedly built the entire EV market.

Yeah you have to hand it to him he makes money from businesses that don't actually make money. You can debate to the end of time whether he does this through strictly legitimate means, after all hasn't he been pulled up at least twice for saying and doing things that have artificially pushed the value of Tesla stocks? I suspect that the reason why he is so vocal about 'electronic pretendy money' is because the government doesn't seem to care about it just now. The issue though there are a lot of people who do have their REAL money tied up in it and the last thing they need is the richest guy on the planet messing with the value of their investments through nothing more than a single off hand tweet.

As Musk claims go the underground Vegas tunnel is amazing in that it doesn't meet even one of the things he said it was going to do.

Except according to that recent leaked email it isn't. Anyone seen anything debate the legitimacy of that email?

The Gates hate club has gotten really weird since the 'virus of unspecified origin' hit.

Anyone know why both Branson and Bezos have flown in their respective 'space craft' yet Musk hasn't? Can't say I've seen anything to suggest he has any plans too either.

UnrealGaming likes this.
  10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    They want to be astronauts, he doesn't. I wouldn't do it either. I'm afraid of flying, let alone going to space :p

11. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Maybe because they're both really old and wanted to experience something new. And if they go, might as well be in style. Flying a rocket is insanely dangerous, so if you have something to live for, probably not a wise idea lol.

12. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    This. Love him or hate him, he thinks outside the box and doesn't care what others think. He's a visionary that puts his money where his mouth is. We need more people like him that are willing to take risks and push boundaries. Even if they don't succeed, their efforts help push or pressure other industries to further improve or evolve.

Airbud and alanm like this.
  13. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    A visionary with dead-on-arrival ideas. Pushing the boundaries of stupidity. Well, most of them, predictably, never arrived lol. Mostly hype and vaporware. Love him or hate him ( and he does seem generally pleasant and funny ), it's the reality.
    Seriously, if you're interested and have the time, go through thunderf00t's videos. He's been deconstructing the bs as it was happening for the last 6-7 years, maybe more. Watch the last video, or the one before, or the one before that one... it's all there.

Thunderf00t - YouTube

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I guess that depends on what your definition of boundary pushing is.

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. - Robert F. Kennedy
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
    Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. - Winston Churchill

FlawleZ and Airbud like this.

16. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Cringey platitudes. Pretty cool when you're 12 and hear them for the first time tho. Not really addressing any of the hyped up nonsense that was pretty much DOA, but the media and mindless masses still gobbled it up.
    Would be nice if Elon hired some people who had a clue, in whatever field he wants to contribute, and actually put that inflated tesla stock money to good use. Hey, maybe it happens at some point.
    And hey, tesla finally posted profit this year, for the first time ever... by buying and holding Bitcoin [​IMG] Talk about hanging on by a thread of ( the aforementioned ) hype...
    I wonder... if the media had some critical thinker scientists, like thunderf00t, on staff, to examine all those claims before hyping them up all these years... where would tesla be now... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  17. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    where have you been dude?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -