Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Brilliant!

Frontier should hire him to do commercials.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I'm still thinking about whether to get this game or not... played and liked Elite 2 and Elite: Frontier back in the day.

I'm sure the answer's already (hidden) in this thread but would like to ask: can you play this game in single player mode?
    Meaning you play alone and will interact with NPCs only.

Also, how's the performance these days with AMD GPUs? Gathered there have been and still are some issues.

3. Bond!JamesBond!

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    with my setup it's smooth. I wonder if 20 or 40mbs internet speed would make a difference over my 10mbs.

you can play solo but your still online. i play multi and haven't seen a person yet.

4. Bond!JamesBond!

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080

5. Bond!JamesBond!

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
  6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    The problem with this game for me is that it's not telling any great stories, it doesnt live. Everything is dead and the menus are boring. Maybe its just me but i'm not hyped by blinking stuff in the cockpit and great sounds when i jump into hyperspace. You do this 1000 times and stuff gets boring.
    Driving around on lifeless planets doesnt make this any better. Uninstalled & pretty pissed i spend over a 100 bucks on this lifeless piece of software.
    ELITE surely was great when i played it on my C64 but David Braben seems to be stuck in the 90s. Both have not evolved.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This.

Hit the 30 hour mark and stopped. It the like the game personification of "oh whats the point"
    [​IMG]

Braben and co need to realize that space is actually really god damn boring. Theres a reason we have things like star wars, halo etc. Coz humans in space just doing what we do on earth except on a universal scale is not fun in anyway.

People so far have payed $60+ to either stare at lifeless planets, transport goods or bounty hunt. Thats it, thats all this game has to offer.

Im not an early backer, but even still i get so sick and tired of hearing the argument about how early backers (who have to pay the full price for both ED + H) should feel privileged because they've been able to play the game so much earlier than everyone else who've only just gotten into it via horizons and that early backer have no right to feel ripped off.

What a farce.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The way I understand it, the game is not finished yet, it is missing lots of content from the previous games.

It seems like the plan is to slowly add that content into the game via DLC packages.

I like watching Isinona's video's on youtube, they are quite entertaining... he is a good pilot.

9. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    While this sounds good, i feel like i'll have to caugh up more money to get that missing content and in the end might end up paying 200 bucks on a space sim.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Not the first time I'm hearing this and it's what worries me.

Might pick Elite up from Steam sale (13,50 €) as for that price it's probably worth it. Or if I don't then I'll just pass for good.

I suppose you should think of this as a modern remake of the old games in a way. Elite games are Elite games and that's both their strength and weakness.

You must really like space travel games and kind of be willing to fill in the blanks for yourself a lot.
    Elite allows you to do anything you want, but only in it's limited context of actions.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Did the latest patch bump the gfx up notch?

I think im seeing some visual improvements and theres def a performance hit by fair bit. I never use to get drops below 60 when in the space stations that are shaped like...squares, octogons or whatever, now im only getting about 40ish.

12. fr33jack

fr33jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    If someone wants it...I'll give away my ED/ Frontier account...for couple of beers :D ...pm me

13. Bond!JamesBond!

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
  14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Actually, good call I have one too.. if anyone is interested hit me up

15. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    Is this game still worth a purchase? Because last year the Steam reviews were mostly positive and now they're mixed. Did the game go down hill?

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    How much beer and where do you all live, as long as the beer is cheaper than the cost of the game :p.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I think it was just salty gamers angry at there being payed expansions?

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    RPS: Elite Dangerous: Arena Free For Keepsies This Weekend

May as well grab it as its one less piece of you'll need to pay for.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Cool~! I grabbed it :>

*edit*

Using a game pad I found that I suck at flying :stewpid:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  20. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Me too. Don't 'blame the game' :)
    Joystick is better for Elite. Natural...