Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    I paid 150 at alpha and all dlc in the future is included for me.. so i am good!

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Whenever I click your newsletter links it always says Greetings, V3teran

xD

Jupiter looks cool

[​IMG]

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I just copy and paste from my email.
    Gas giants like Jupiter, eventually you will be able to fly down among the gaseous clouds and fight, refuel etc with no loading whatsoever. All wil be completely seem less.

5. Red River

Red River Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti
    the question is when.. next DLC content?

6. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Give them a chance the game was only released 5 weeks ago....

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    And many of us grew bored with it already 5 weeks ago....

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Don't play it then. I also have GTA 5 on PS4, everyone raving on about it, to me its boring, aint played in weeks. If you don't like don't play, come back later when things have improved. :)

Personally im 5 million credits away now from a Panther Clipper, game can be boring at the moment when trading. All I do is just jump into my ASP for combat and use my TYPE 7 for trading although I can use both or any role although not the best.

Sitting at NAV points waiting for people to come through with Wanted status never gets boring :)

9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    That's what I'm doing, will come back to it when there's a purpose to it besides a tedious grind travelling through space that all looks the same to stations that all look the same doing bland missions which have no point, first 10-15 hours is awesome then you hit the wall where you realise it's all absolutely pointless.

10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    This is pretty much what I've been saying. I find it amazing that the devs wouldn't have the foresight to implement a better party system, as well as actual missions to do

I mean even space sims like the Ti Fight and Xwing games from 100 years ago had missions you would go out on.. "take out this mother ship and return x cargo".. "gaurd this VIP through a dangerous part of a system" etc..

To feature NOTHING like this in a game that is fully released is shocking to me..

11. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    It's early days still but they have done well to get a pretty good space sim developed in the relatively short time they've been working on it IMO.

I don't think it will feel complete to me until you can land on planets, it's probably a psychological thing but it will feel a larger game then. Also, it would be pretty great to be able to have battles over a landscape as well but I feel to get it up to the expected standard will be a huge amount of work.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The new WINGS update will have all of this that you talk about. You will be able to fly in groups to hunt, guard others, share bounties etc. This is coming in march, there are other multiplayer goodies coming as michael Brookes already explained in the link I posted. Good thing is they are going to continue developing it and like I said in an earlier post old skool players knew that the game has much development to go. This ain't days either were the updates are useless, all updates in ED are quality and implemented at the right time. Just be patient, go play something else and come back later.

13. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    I think I might buy this on Friday (payday!) I've been very tempted and it looks too good to pass up on.

Is a flightstick required? I only have a 360 pad, but I have no issue buying one if it's really needed/worth it.

14. Bond!JamesBond!

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    You can play with a gamepad. i do.
    When you get it there is alot to learn so take your time and learn your ship outfitting and maps.

15. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Cheers! I think I'll starting reading up on it now.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Lost 6 million credits yesterday due to a docking module bug. Ive emailed support but heard nothing so far. I have patients but even my patients are wearing thin now. Thats twice ive lost credits which have taken me some hard grind to get. This game is becoming close to getting shelved even though im a massive fan my time is precious and bugs like this are soul destroying.

17. Bond!JamesBond!

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    dang, you lost more credits than i made.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    That bulls@^&^!

This is an issue that will no doubt be fixed in future patches, but perhaps its best to shelve it now temporarily for the coming of that patch rather than to persist in the mean time and then end up shelving it permanently due to frustration of losing credits over and over?

19. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Does anyone know a good in-system route (it doesn't have to be super profitable, just one that works) that I could grind for a couple of hours to build up some CR flow? I just started this today and I'm finding it hard to make money as I'm not a good dogfighter at all.

20. jimdove

jimdove Master Guru

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    78 ursae majorius. teller terminal and townshend hub, animal meat one way, crop harvestors the other. Cant remember which way round it is but it gets you a nice tidy profit and you stay in the same system