Elgato Announces Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Elgato announced the release of the Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock, combining the industry-leading reliability and performance of Thunderbolt 3 with unmatched portability and accessibility for the mos...

Elgato Announces Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock

K.S. likes this.
  2. Incredible Lama

Incredible Lama Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming
    So close to perfection.... If only it would also charge the laptop, then it would be flawless. Still find it ridiculous that HP doesn't offer any T3 docks for my spectre x360 13" (current gen)

K.S. likes this.
  3. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    Nice - Elgato docks are great - we used to deploy them at my old job (the TB 2 ones) maybe a few had issues the entire time I worked there - out of a 2,000 + workforce & who can say if that was the dock or the employee damaging it or not. If they are as great as the last gen people will have nothing to worry about...

4. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X Vapour X
    Huh, call me old fashioned but I'm still of the opinion that all of these things should be included in a laptop as standard

5. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    "Availability, Warranty and Pricing"
    I saw availability and warranty but nothing on pricing.

6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    quadro K6000+Tesla M2090
    yes now that laptop are thinner than RJ45 a lot of port are missing, my last one have only 2 usb 3.0 and one TB... i guess this one will save my life :)

7. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    I miss the laptops with the ports on them..

8. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X Vapour X
    That really isn't an excuse for the manufacturers, I've seen a couple of designs for expandable ethernet ports. Regardless for any future purchases, as full a complement of I.O. as possible will be must have and ultralights will be avoided like the plague.

A couple of months ago I was making a presentation for work. The projector on the site only had a vga or s-video inputs and a broken dongle. Fortunately my battered old vaio had both ports.
    Now I have to deal with legacy hardware more than most people but I still think the current dongle trend is stupid. Don't get me wrong I'd love it if a single port like TB or Usb-c was capable of doing everything but it's not and it's only a matter of time before some smartass makes something better and we're back to square 1

rl66 likes this.
  9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    quadro K6000+Tesla M2090
    it's true.