1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elecom Launches DEFT PRO Wireless Trackball

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Trackballs come in two major styles, top ball and side (thumb) ball, this Deft Pro is the latter one. Admittedly I am still using trackballs! If you can remember them, the Trackball Explorer 1.0 from...

Elecom Launches DEFT PRO Wireless Trackball

2. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    I still have my Logitech TrackMan Trackball, old but very essential for my work

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Kensington Expert Wireless here... it's pretty sweet, but not essential for me.

So why did I buy it? Because I like to have options and its Kensington, so it should be indestructible :p

4. Rugburn

Rugburn Member Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3
    I'm a huge Trackball Explorer fan.. I have several that still work and are in use.. Where in the States can I get one of these DEFT Pro?

5. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I love trackballs for use with my laptop, great for when on a sofa with PC/laptop connected to TV / projector.

My Logitech M570 is pretty good but missing more advanced features and cannot handle high speed movements as well as I'd hope.

I really like the look of this new trackball and prefer the ball in this position on top than the thumb design Logitch use, though both are ok for me.

Just the price feels too steep for my liking, that Deft Pro is about £126 and Logitech's new MX Ergo is still about £90 at it's cheapest online.
    Waiting a little longer here I think for now...

6. knowom

knowom Member

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT 1GB
    I love my left/right Elecom EX-G thumb trackballs overall. I do however wish mouse assistant could be programmed separately for each, but it mirrors the programming to both which is a bummer. Elecom also has a new EX-G PRO thumb trackball as well. It would probably be a great upgrade to my right hand thumb trackball it's 1 more button and the angle and place of the trackball is improved plus it uses a red trackball that supposedly tracks better for the sensor itself and 3 DPI settings rather than 2 so more fine tuned control of it. I think the sensor itself is a higher quality one as well so maybe the polling rate has improved on it, but Elecom makes no mention of the polling rate the standard EX-G's do about 133-150Hz polling rate the wired version is marginally higher than wireless. It's also wired, wireless, and bluetooth.

The last part w/Bluetooth is important you might be able to program it separately via Bluetooth w/other software unlike the original EX-G's for twin trackball use and full independant programming on both of them rather than mirrored between both which is a HUGE deal. If I could I'd easily do away with a keyboard entirely outside of typing for chat which a headset remedies anyway. That's what I originally intended to do when I bought two thumb trackballs actually. In the few games where I don't need more than the programming of one however it works pretty damn nicely and having two trackballs helps immensely in both speed, ergonomics, and accuracy.

7. victorio404

victorio404 New Member

GPU:
    Palit / GTX 460 Soni/ 1GB
    Deft pro got cheaper on amazon.de - Just ordered one for 76EUR