Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by racofer, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Which town? Is it a log cabin? Snowy area? Quiet area? Take some screenshots pls!

2. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I was wanting to buy this game next month but how will my set up do with a 1368*768 res.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Will do great mate.

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well so far this **** is GOTY. Totally addictive.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, it's amazing. I'm still doing everything but main quest in whiterun. Love this game, has some really cool plods school mechanics as well... TW2 what?

6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    So a game with 10x the budget of another is better?

****! Who knew?

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well yes it is. TW2 is highly rated. But for me it is 3rd only this year, after Skyrim and DA2. Skyrim by far the best. Anyway, budget doesn't make good games, also, making a game in poland is cheaper than say in the us. Just saying.

Also, skyrim is on TV a lot atm, advertising must have cost majority of their budget.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  8. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    As much as i love the game, some of the textures are just terrible.

This is maxed at 1080p (with forced AO etc), look at the state of the sheild.
    [​IMG]

9. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Just had my second dragon battle... so epic! Playing at second highest difficulty with no henchman at the moment (my bodyguard died during the climb to high hrothgar :(). I had to use like all the skills I know - potions and poisons (home brewed :D), swords, lots of healing spells, fire spells, and even bows which my character is supposed to suck at using. The most epic thing was ducking behind a rock just big enough to cover me from the scorching flames :D

Mods will improve that in due time...

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Oblivion had 3GB of High Res textures or so released, at least the definitive version did.

I want to see 20GB of textures.

8096 x 8096, for EVERY ITEM, even leafs!

Lol.

11. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    Is it impossible to drop out of quests? I'm getting a little frustrated seeing so many quests that I don't even remember receiving in my list. Feels very cluttered

12. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    Makrath, it certainly isn't a log cabin, more like a dwemer stone hall in the mountain, and its a snowy area. I'll take screenshots of it when I get back from work lol

If you want a log cabin in a snowy area that's quiet, i think Dawnstar should have that (I haven't become a thane there yet). Though in Riften, you do get a log cabin with a porch overlooking a lake (but its not snowy there)

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    287,411 concurrent users today.

That is the most out of any game that has ever been on Steam. MW2 had 120,000 max, on release today, was down to 100,000 by the second day, and @ 80,000 by the third.

Skyrim is on it's third or so day of release and is actually going up^

Amazing guys.

There should be like a 4 person world thing, ala Borderlands for this. Be kinda cool to just jump into a friends world. Of course there would be alot of room to mess things up, but hopefully your friends wouldn't be like that.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  14. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Don't accept quests you don't intend to do when receiving the offer

15. JBCool

JBCool Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I must say, Skyrim = epic,epic,epic. Smacks Witcher 2 upside the head and calls it "Suzy Shnook'ums". Biggest complaint is no hot-key mapping and the console interface.

16. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    You can map hotkeys by going to the inventory and making an item a favourite. Then you go back into the game and press the favourites key (default 'Q'), hover over an item and press a number.

It doesn't always let you select what you want though, the whole two-hand thing is a bit buggy. And why they made left-click select right hand, and right-click select left hand I do not know, I still can't get used to that...

17. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    well, left click is right hand attack and right click is left hand attack....

18. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    MW2 had over ~170,000 peak in MP alone a day after release and ~40,000 in SP.

19. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I think it's because traditionaly the sword/weapon has always been in the right hand and you always use the left button mouse button to use it so they just left it that way, only feels strange at first due to the whole dual-wielding addition to the game but once you look past that it's actually more natural if you're a seasoned gamer.

20. ivan.winata

ivan.winata Guest

GPU:
    GTX2080Ti Zotak
    Anyone turned into vampire?
    I spent hours and hours trying to get a cure in oblivion, and here I am playing skyrim and get infected AGAIN!!!!....

I didn't realize that even fighting vampire can get you infected...
    Once I realize, it was allready too late since the autosave has been overwritten.

Anyhow, anyone knows how to get a cure?
    Either getting quest for remedy, or buying a simple potion "cure all disease?"

On side note, anyone experienced being a werewolf? Are there a lot of restriction?
    Being a vampire is really a hastle once you got to lv 4 vampiric where everone will attack on sight, not able to walk through sunrise etc......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.