1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, May 3, 2012.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    been having a go and would i subs to this? prob not...

will try some more.

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Not in the beat myself (been spying) but it looks quite promising and something that I woudl enjoy playing. Die hard WoW fans probably don't feel at home because it's so different but for me that is a good thing. I can't stand WoW at all myself, there's nothing that would keep me not getting bored. ESO character creator is really great. I only wish that next TES game would get something like that.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    In how many hours does the beta start?

4. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    It's already started, opened up at around 4pm UK.

5. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    It just screams generic and bland. And $60 + $15 a month? There's NO WAY I will play this game after release.

But I'll probably pop into the beta anyways just so I have something to complain about for a while.

6. WolfPT

WolfPT Active Member

GPU:
    ROG-STRIX 1080Ti
    Everyone's getting the key and I'm just sitting here, checking my gmail furiously.

7. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Dem watermarks

8. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    Well its not bad so far im enjoying it probably will pick this up my only worry is amount of content in the game once its done.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    right, about to try it.

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Save your soul man. :rpg:

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I played about an hour of the game earlier. Seems competent and manages to feel like an Elder Scrolls game, especially Morrowind as when you get to Tamiel there's fog and big boats, reminiscent of the start of that game. It looks very dated though, like it was made between Morrowind and Oblivion, and artistically it's fairly ordinary with very familiar gameplay. It doesn't impress me as much as Final Fantasy XIV ARR, which despite its generic setting has gorgeous graphics, music and presentation. I still think this game will do well on its name alone though even if critically it doesn't score highly.

12. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Played for a bit... it's okay at best. But only because its Elder Scrolls. With that said, I don't really seem enthralled by the story, graphics or gameplay and so while I was at first excited with this, I'm certainly glad I didn't pay for it right off the bat like I normally do.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it's like modded Morrowind imo, very sub par. how on earth are grouped instances and mass pvp work from 1st person view with that horrible 60ish fov? anyone want to enlighten me?

14. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Seahawk EK
    graphically its nothing to write home about but it's Elderscrolls there's just something familiar I enjoy about all the elderscrolls games the character creation is pretty decent and the voice acting is mostly good, I think I heard Stephen Fry voicing one of the NPC's? I will definitely play some more over the weekend.

15. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    First person MMO with melee focus is an outright failure. End of story.

16. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    The game is actually built around using 3rd person. 1st person was only added later because the community begged the Zenimax for it. Funny how people would have to beg for 1st person in an Elder Scrolls game.

17. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I guess I'm a minority but I thought Skyrim was a bag of jizz, and a waste of £40. I guess this game wouldn't be for me either :D

18. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Seahawk EK
    I recently modded skyrim for oculus rift and all I can say is it's a work of art, best experience I've had on my rift so far which is why i'm glad TESO didnt abandon first person and to be honest I've been tired of the WoW formula for a longtime, I think it's good that they are at least trying to be different.

19. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    Without violating the NDA, I'm not really that impressed. I find it boring and dull.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Not enjoying shooting invisible mobs? Btw, performance is shocking. For what the game looks like, running sub 40 in caves is a joke