Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, May 3, 2012.

1. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    @Holocron @Rontabs , I'm currently playing in the EU Server, my in-game handle is @BlackZero1891.

Add me if you ever want to meet up for a raid.

2. Holocron

Holocron Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 850M / 4GB
    Oh, I am in NA server.

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Only have an EU character levelled, so that's a no go.

4. Holocron

Holocron Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 850M / 4GB
    Wow... great video, considering it was from some years ago.

BlackZero likes this.

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Every time I see the Indrik Mount from the seasonal events, I keep thinking Chocobo.

6. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Experience The Elder Scrolls Online for Free this Week!

7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    BlackZero likes this.
  8. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    It should be available directly through Steam as well, if you don't mind the extra layer of DRM.

9. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
  10. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's a great game imho, I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    The official download links should be up around 1500 GMT.

Steam usually updates its pages around 1800 GMT.

12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I logged in to my account from 2014 and the free trail is active now.Thanks

EDIT:Tried the game for around 3-4 Hrs ,uninstalled the game.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    BlackZero likes this.
  13. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Great. Hope you got the extra stuff to buy a pet or mount.

It's an extremely large world, and can be very daunting at first. So, having company in the form of a pet or mount can make a big difference for new players.

14. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    First look at Elsweyr for all players today.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Whoops?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/be...zing-a-dungeons-and-dragons-adventure.115889/

Which links to this:
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019...dventure-taken-down-amid-cries-of-plagiarism/

EDIT: Oh wait this is P&P Elseweyr not ESO Elseweyr.

Whoops #2

Well what's done is done and it's a bit of a tie-in but otherwise unrelated to ESO.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Solfaur and BlackZero like this.

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700XT
    Just deleted ESO today ... for good :p

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I played ESO on pc when it was beta I liked it, I recently tried the ESO weekend on PS4 and god damn the game looked horrible on the ps4.

18. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    It can be pretty entertaining what gets thrown around between some of these companies and their fans.

In fact, until very recently, the head designer of D&D was in fact the lead lore master for ESO.

JonasBeckman and Solfaur like this.
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Interesting. :)
    I know the series started with Elder Scrolls Arena (I could never get through it but then even the tutorial sewer could be death.) but it was with Daggerfall that much of the lore actually came together and was made into a bigger piece and Tamriel as a whole got fleshed out as guilds were no longer just mere references and you had the politics and factions vying for control over the artifact and then Morrowind took it even further plus of course the side games of Redguard and Battlespire though sales wasn't the best for these entries.

Though for Morrowind I guess it's minor but I just see Dagoth Ur as some used car salesman with his super hammy delivery and taunting though overlooking that the Sixth House and Ash Creatures are almost alien and nightmare fuel material. Definitively would be interesting to have a modern remake of it making full use of that.
    (If they ever do something like that. Battlespire and the fleshing out of the Daedra was also fun if a bit of a different experience entirely.)

Mikael Kirkbridge I think was one of the writers and there's some stories around that and even a few photos plus the developer role playing sessions around the time of Morrowind.
    (CHIM and all that stuff which isn't quite in-universe ha ha.)

From doing a little session as Ra'vid the Khajiit in the library of Vivec to the Trial of Vivec with Azuara and much much more. :D
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/trial-vivec

Though also to be fair with how early D&D was and how influential it was (Even also in Japan and elsewhere influencing games like Final Fantasy.) of course it would be a very large source of inspiration and people adapting or even copying parts of it though the above is only very loosely reworded so someone might be a bit of trouble because the copyright and legals surrounding these things are also very different from the earlier days.

Pretty sure TES Arena even borrows a bit but more loosely like the negative armor class and to hit system and rolls for hits and misses and other mechanics not immediately visible to players though many other titles did that too.

For Elder Scrolls Online itself I liked the game back when I was actively playing it though I took a long break since it was really eating up most of the free time and there wasn't much more content until first Summerset and now also Elseweyr though with the very complicated lore and nature of that and the Khajiit and all I wonder how ESO is going to be tackling it. :)
    (Much of it was written early on after all, things got changed up a bit between games and sometimes given a in-game explanation as to why things were a bit different.)

For the main games it also felt like it's one of the provinces the developers would be putting off for some later installment and now it might even be going back to High Rock from Daggerfall instead of Summerset or Black Marsh.
    (And Akavir which is another one of those areas hit hard by lore and being really difficult to turn into a actual video game area even if fans would really like to see it realized at some point.)

Well I'm just another fan of the series from the beginnings and to the more exotic locale of Morrowind and Oblivion even with it's faults and then Skyrim though I hope Elder Scrolls VI can also bring back mechanics instead of streamlining them though it might have a bit of both. Going to be a few more years I expect before it will be revealed in full.

BlackZero likes this.
  20. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    That's a great game. I enjoy it in my Xbox one x 4k hdr, instabought eso plus service and elsweyr collector's edition at once. Amazing game. Much superior and pleasant than new age's plagues. I can't wait for tes 6. What rdr2, what greedfall, what other rpgs. All fakes!