Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, May 3, 2012.

1. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    The screenshots look allot better now than they did back in the Spring when it was announced, and that's definitely encouraging. If this didn't have a sub I'd probably give it a go, but even then I think I will personally prefer GW2 for my CoOp fantasy realm and Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind/TES:VI for my single player fantasy needs. ;)

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Meh read the whole list from that link and didnt get excited at all. Doubt it will be anything epic or amazing!

3. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Well from what I have read from the people that played it last week, it's looking really good. I'll be buying it for sure.

There are a couple youtube videos that talk about one of them was really interesting. I'll post a link in a few...youtube seems to be messed up atm.

But they say it's not a wow clone....over all they were very impressed.

4. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Is there anywhere you can sign up for Beta? I dont hold my breath for it anyway, i would rather be nicely surprised than bitterly disappointed.

5. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Here are some quotes from the hands-on:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2012/10/24/dive-into-the-eso-preview-event-coverage

“If you were worried that The Elder Scrolls Online might end up being just another MMO that you’ve played a million times before, you can rest easy. The team at Zenimax Online Studios have created a game that feels unlike anything you’ve ever experienced, yet not so foreign that you will have to relearn everything from the ground up. And with the goal of creating an Elder Scrolls game that also happens to be an MMO, you’re going to feel right at home during your adventures in Tamriel.”

“It seems that Zenimax is on the right path with this release of the Elder Scrolls as they are intending on making a RPG first; their consistently messaged narrative is that they are making an Online Role-Playing Game vice a MMO. Thus, this is Elder Scrolls that you can play with your friends. Yes, they seem to know what they want to be when they grow up, and are not falling into the MMO trap of trying to appeal (pander) to folks by trying to be EVERYTHING to EVERBODY.”

“Ultimately, I left my time with The Elder Scrolls Online feeling considerably more optimistic than I had expected. The team at ZeniMax Online has done a great job so far recreating not just the world of Tamriel but also the feeling of an Elder Scrolls title.”

“My time with The Elder Scrolls Online has left me wanting more. The game is successful in bringing the immersive world of The Elder Scrolls to the MMO world to give the genre a breath of fresh air. With a release date of 2013, ESO is a game to keep on your radar, because when it launches, it has all the makings to be something big.”

“Elder Scrolls Online has a very tricky balancing act to do. They have MMO combat mixing with the Elder Scrolls style combat from the single player games. How do you possibly combine these two forms into one fun and very playable state? Easy, you take several years to build a game and go through loads of different combat ideas. Thankfully the team at Zenimax Online did just that. The combat in Elder Scrolls Online is a fantastic hybrid of action that captures both traditional MMO tropes and classic TES elements.”

“People keep waiting for the next big MMO, and while many games have come and gone (or either found a little footing but not been a huge success) most have contributed nothing more than a minor innovation. Elder Scrolls Online borrows some of those innovations, while introducing some of their own and more importantly bringing the universe and gameplay of the Elder Scrolls series to the world of MMOs, and even in the game's current alpha state, I see a game I'm yearning to play more of than all the other MMOs right now on the market.”

“Being able to play through the entire main quest solo is a big plus, especially for someone coming from the single-player side of things. Battles in The Elder Scrolls Online are the most fun I've had with combat in the series to date and PvP seems to be a unique twist on simple faction battles, as alliances will be storming, and defending, castles in a constant back and forth swing much like in a real war.”

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...pecials/TES-Online-Interview-1033739/&act=url

Nothing new as such but it confirms that they are using a different engine for the game instead of Hero albeit Hero Engine is worked on in parallel, perhaps as a way to prototype changes before it's ported over to the actual game engine which will be used, also seems it's good with ******ing data since the environments will be quite detailed.

It's using DX9 and DX11 on supported systems with performance enhancements and it also allows for use of better effects though that's still fairly vague but we will probably see more on that later on as development gets closer to completion.

7. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    The engine sounds good... having DX11 incorporated from the start should greatly improve the performance, particularly on high graphics settings.

8. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    The engine selection is old news. It was confirmed months ago that they were using the hero engine for testing(?) only.

9. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Yes, that is old news.... however I don't remember hearing anything about DX11 being incorporated right now. With so many games that are stuck on DX9 this is very good news for me. :)

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://www.bethblog.com/2012/11/08/eso-dev-diary-featuring-gameplay/

"The team from ZeniMax Online Studios discusses how they are bringing the rich history of The Elder Scrolls series online in the newly released documentary-style video for The Elder Scrolls Online. Check out the first-ever released gameplay footage as the team talks about their vision for the game – from the basics to how they are developing one of the most socially-connected MMOs ever created."

11. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  12. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Very nice video - it looks allot better than in any previous video that I have seen so far. The visual style, while not spectacular is very appealing to me. I want to hear more about the combat, since it looks a little clunky when compared to the closest current Online RPG/MMO - Guild Wars 2.

13. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
  14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    yay chest size :D

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    What they don't make a paid beta early access thing. Take my money damn it.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    I'm in love, this MMO is going to rock. :D

This is the MMO i've been looking forward to, gameplay like Elder Scrolls games into a MMORPG.

17. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    You like the gameplay? The awful melee system and unimaginative spell casting system? :|

18. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I am looking forward to it! I know it will be kind the same gameplay as everything else, but i think i will enjoy the games setting...Hopefully story will be good too!

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    this. the most core mechanics seem like they'll never work. combat especially.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I doubt I will play this, I gave up on MMOs after my last experience with SWTOR. And besides, the game doesn't look that great either, as mentioned above, especially the combat...