Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, May 3, 2012.

1. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    I d/l and fired up the Beta a few weeks back, it had no controller support, so I turned it off and uninstalled it.

I can assume there is still no controller support so I wont bother redownloading it again for this go.

2. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Actually there are allot of changes - go read the patch notes to see them all. Rumor is that the final game client will be 55 GB, which with the 60 GB System Requirements may be accurate after all. :infinity:

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    By the way, this runs in borderless windowed mode so Crossfire is not working.

---
    This has OpenGL support (also DX9,DX11 feature level 10 and I assume DX10 support too in DX11 is not available). :nerd: Opens up few possibilities. Not going to say anything else (that was probably already too much...).

4. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    You'd think it would be in (at least soon) given it's a console release also.

But you should really try xpadder if you want to play games that don't support controllers.

I play (successfully) a number of MMO's with a controller.

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    have fun man.

am gonna give it another go.

btw it's good they are doing at least a couple of betas....even though i checked out prices and it was around £40...

and also i missed this maybe but what bonus does getting the deluxe version have..i know you get the imperial but whats up with that?

i.e imperial...do they offer something vastly different from the other races..

am still of the view this game is more smoke than actual fire. all flash no substance.

and they need to charge loads because they spent loads on those actors..:)

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well finished downloading and installing client.
    29.4 GB for beta test,must have some great textures. Now just have to wait a couples days, goes to try another beta that just opened.WorldTourFishing LOL should be interesting.

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i hope they bite :)

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If anyone has a spare key i would appreciate it :)

9. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Every phase of the beta has redownloaded at least 15 GB for me and I've been in it for quite a while now.

10. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Would be amazing if Bethesda just comes out of the blue, and goes "No monthly sub required!" //I can dream...

11. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I do not know why,but I LMAO for a couple minutes when I read this.

12. The_AC

The_AC Guest

GPU:
    R9 390X
    Some serious Horse Armor™ 2.0 bullcrap going on here. I was hoping this'd be "my" MMO, but looks like I'll be sticking with Spreadsheets in Space for now.

13. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    Indeed.

It's not worth saying things like 'do the Imperials offer anything the other races don't'.

The fact is, they are a central part of Elder Scrolls lore and to have them only available through a cash grab is disgraceful.

More expensive editions should come with fluff items, maybe (big maybe) some boosts but an entire race... ? So bad.

I feel sorry for anyone paying a box price, a monthly sub and still not getting the full game.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Imo special/collector's editions should not come with exclusive in-game bonus. I much prefer to have things like coins, maybe some sort of tome like books etc. to sort of add a physical connection to the virtual world (I still have my imperial coin from Oblivion CE :nerd:). TW2 CE is the best example in this regard, top quality art book, a nice small Geralt sculpture (no kitsch), play cards, dice, coins but no single in-game DLC or whatever. And I agree that in this case to have the Imperial limited to one expensive edition of the game is very, very lame.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hey Darren.

Don't know if you noticed but the launcher downloaded game info into a new folder. Noticed this yesterday when I fired up the launcher after having read comments like yours. Also thought it to be strange that the game would download once again so I tried to find the install path in settings but found nothing. Then I checked the ZeniMax Online folder and noticed three folders named "Launcher", "Elder Scrolls Online Beta" and "Elder Scrolls Online" (something like that). Since the game installed in a folder not named "BETA" this would suggest that the current build we got is close to RC. I could safely delete the 21GB folder called "Elder Scrolls Online Beta" and keep "Elder Scrolls Online".

Anyhow I also agree that it's VERY odd that they make you re-download the whole game again. A simple patch would have done it right?

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Dl'ing now, 21gb -_-

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, pretty big for a BETA.

18. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    Does anyone want this crap* ?

NP9RNF3WMY4F4LA97N7G
    3M9MDNH5X43JHH3XTMCC

* taking into account that the entire race is blocked to normal people who buy normal version of the game.

19. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    was that for the imperial race or just beta codes?

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I've got a key if anyone wants it?