Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - High Resolution Textures Pack - Steam Version

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ibitato, Feb 21, 2010.

1. lambchop

lambchop Member Guru

GPU:
    None
    Only mods i add to oblivion are qarls texture pack,a few custom weapons,obscuras oblivion,unofficial patch overhaul and natural weather. You should use obscuras more than any other, great overhaul.

2. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    i had to change so many settings in the cfg files i don't even remember which ones i changed or by how much. lol. some of the stuttering on my end may have been from my card only have 512 vram. hard to say.

3. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    Well I am a happy gamer now.

Interesting enoguh , I raised some cpu / thread related values , also preloading and cell loading values , and I am happy now.

After that (specially openpm segment) my CPU kinda performs better ¿? ,less picks and more coherent load to all cores ¿? I get stable gaming and everything looks ok.

I also found, some values for the shining and HDR, that also help , but in interiros. Outside, it's just an issue with a couple of textures, white rocks.....

Anyway, if you ppl are interested , here is the ini file I am using

http://www.mediafire.com/?ddy422dyzyq

Using WinMerge it's easy to compare, and find the differences.

Like I said, ain't touching anything else :D, time to game :nerd:

4. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/OOO/OOO_Guide.html

Is this the one you mean ??

WoW, it looks like awesome sauce,

Id better finish the game vanilla before I get into something like this ,,

thx

5. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I haven't modded Oblivion yet, thinking it's about time I did. I need some motivation. Post some screens please!

6. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
  7. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB

Oh no, plz don't. A realistic mod will boost your fun by 300% at the first time. Afterwards is just 'nice to have', but you will have a hard time playing through the whole game again, because it takes ages mate. If mods increase gameplay difficulty it even gets longer because you have to be more careful.

Just do it right now, i can highly recommend it.

If i had mods back then when i got the game after release i would've ripped one of my legs out for it. ;)

8. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Sweet! There certainly is a difference. The foliage looks more lush & there looks to be a lot more going on in the Imperial City. Nice!

9. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT WITH LOCKPICKNIG

I really don't know what Im doing, and now I need to learn it :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    i got very annoyed with lock picking, at least until i was a novice lock picker. there is a console command you can use to get extra lockpicks. something like, player_giveitem_lockpick XXX, or something similar. i think it is in the tweak guide somewhere: http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_1.html

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    easier to just to click on door, open console and use "Unlock" command.
    I mean if one is so determined to get in regardless, might as well save time.

12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    JUst some of the mods I run in my version of Oblivion.

Osucro's Oblivion Overhaul: Highly recommend, the enemy leveling with player makes the game far to easy, the concept of walking in to any dungeon and finding enemies that will be of a manageable difficulty just doesn't offer a challenge. With OOO you can walk in to a dungeon and finding enemies you simply have no chance against, the up side is if you are feeling brave you will get better loot for taking the risk.

Darker Nights, no street lights so why does vanilla dark still allow you to see a good distance this mod means their is advantage to having a night eye spell.

No psychic guards, the guards have to see you commit a crime before they chase you, no more killing someone in their house and having the guards know instantly what you have done, this adds muchly to the Dark Brotherhood missions.

Bag of Alchemy, epic mod that stores and sorts items according to their alchemic properties no more multiple attempts at create spells with different items.

Ambient town sounds gives a more realistic background drone to the cities

Natural Habitat, Natural vegitation and Natural Water OOO Water Weeds, creatures fly around better looking and much more dense foliage and foliage under much better looking water

Living Economy no more fixed prices for items, valuable items will get offers of real money rather than the fixed 2000 upper limit that most traders have but be aware prices of more common elements will drop.

Bankmod, simple really a bank in the Imperial City were you can deposit cash and earn interest on a daily basis. It also gives you an early in game storage safety deposit box.

XUL Unique Landscapes, these are a series of about 20 or so reworks of key areas in the game to give them a more unique look, it really adds to landscape and means that the open world is a lot more interesting.

Qarls TP3 Well you know the score with this one

Weather inside another simple one that transfers the sound of the weather outside to the interrior cells, if it's raining outside then you hear it inside

IWR this gives the windows a scripted lighting effect at night basically you get an effect that makes it look like someone is living inside the house

All Natural a combination of effects to give better weather and exterior lighting effects.

Finally The Lost Spires this is a user created guild plus add on mission packs. It inserts the archeological guild in to the game along with a whole serious of quests based around the lost spires it ties in well with the game and apart from having no voice acting seems to have very high production values.

13. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    LOCKPICKING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ussHjbGsfQ&feature=related

Basically its really simple.

You just need to watch the sliders and how fast they are going up and back down.

If you see a slider is sliding up slowly click the mouse when it has reached the top to block it, then move on to the next slider.

If you see a slider is kinda 'teleporting' right to the top (without sliding up) wait until its gone down and try again.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  14. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
  15. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:

16. shaderlord

shaderlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 280 OC
  17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Good God..a good looking game...this is what i cant get on my PS3 :D

18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    shaderlord

Nice screens :) is it vanilla or modded?

There are sooo many mods for it,dont know which one to pick :)

19. shaderlord

shaderlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 280 OC
  20. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Sweet, thanx..anyother mods you would recommend?
    I googled for some,but there are sooo many. I completed vanilla Oblivion twice,so looking for the mod that would change game in a major way..stuff like new armor/weapon,new quests etc.