EKWB Water Block Available for GIGABYTE X99 Motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I'd rather see them do a full board for the Asus boards, but I'm sure there's Gigabyte user's waiting for this too ;)

3. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Im sure motherboards do not need any water cooling, what is needed is a better power delivery solution. There are many boards that do not even have radiators on mosfets so think ppl

4. Enticles

Enticles Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB
    Im going to play devils advocate here point out that you just said motherboards don't need water cooling, they just need better cooling (on the mosfets). :confused::confused:

for the average user the motherboards are more than capable of doing what they need to. its for enthusiasts who like to push their boards as hard as they can go that this additional cooling becomes a factor.

for me personally, i'd drop a whole block on a board just for the aesthetics, they look amazing when loaded up with blocks instead of heatsinks

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Oh I'm fairly positive of going over the top and further than necessary, but little use in putting the GPU and CPU under water, and not integrating the board into the loop, at least imho.

6. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    This is true, you're not gonna get a 2+GHZ increase without frying your mobo's mosfets. Even if it has 16+2 power phase design.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Power delivery to the cpu comes from the mosfets, there just as important to cool as the cpu when going for high overclocks as well as increasing the motherboards life and longevity.