EK-Velocity sTR4 3rd Gen. Cooling Engine For AMD Ryzen Threadripper

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    To mee this looks very nice! is nice to see some products for TR, btw the price isn't that bad

Note: In the first word of the second paragraph there is a "T" missing.

3. tunejunky

tunejunky Maha Guru

GPU:
    RadeonVII RTX 2070
    idk. i'll wait on the reviews... i bought the 1st gen TR4 waterblock from EK and had very disappoinsting results - i thought i'd lost the silicon lottery until another member posted on the forum recommending the Heatkiller IV...which i bought and which dropped temps 5 degrees celsius.
    glad they reworked it, but i'm done w/them for TR4

SamuelL421 and jura11 like this.
  4. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080ti / 11gb
    Had a similar experience here. Heatkiller IV is the best TR4 waterblock with the XPSC Raystorm Neo right behind it (within margin of error). IMO, get whichever of those two looks best to you. Those EK TR4 blocks had some serious design flaws in the first two revisions, I’m all for more TR4 support, but I would make sure you find some trustworthy reviews before even considering the EK TR4 version 3 block.

tunejunky likes this.

5. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 HC
    With new stuff dropping here I might be able to scoop up this with a TR system in mind. Then again if the price is right with the newer hardware I just might jump on that also.

6. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi there

TR first generation is now reasonably priced right now, second gen is still holding price but hopefully with arrival of third gen and Zen2 TR would drop a bit price

I wouldn't touch EK Velocity TR4 waterblock, their first generation of block have been one poor block which wouldn't outperform Noctua air cooler

If you want best waterblock for TR4 then Heatkiller IV or Raystorm Neo TR4 are best on market

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

DeskStar likes this.
  7. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 HC
    Appreciate the heads up for sure.

Yeah I'd have to say the raystorm is one I would most likely take part in. Love me some XSPC that is for sure.